group private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sand86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted some thoughts on group private practice --- it seems some practices take only personal injury cases . Any downside of personal injury cases and getting referral from lawyers? Most practices take a small percentage of personal injury it seems. I'll be looking for jobs soon -- looking for group private practice with an established group or group thats associated with a hospital. Any advice on things to avoid would be great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted some thoughts on group private practice --- it seems some practices take only personal injury cases . Any downside of personal injury cases and getting referral from lawyers? Most practices take a small percentage of personal injury it seems. I'll be looking for jobs soon -- looking for group private practice with an established group or group thats associated with a hospital. Any advice on things to avoid would be great, thanks!
Where are you looking? The ones in Florida have a bad rep since we have PIP benefits in the state. Some practices are even owned by the attorney!

I personally know one attorney who runs his own firm, owns an imaging center, a surgery center, and an outpatient clinic suite, all in one building ...

Do your research and see who actually owns the practice.

It's a different treatment mentality since you can only treat for injuries as a result of a car crash.

Everything is focused around maximizing the settlement from the insurance companies so there will be a strong push to do interventions vs conservative therapy.

If you want to be a hired gun and kind of muffle your ethics, then a 100% PI practice would be appealing.

If you favor a traditional pain practice, then look for your traditional group practice.

Nowadays, hospital employed gigs seem to be the best option for lots of people.

Good luck on your search!

None whatsoever.