Grow teeth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"They are then re-implanted in the patient's jaw under the gum where the tooth is missing."

Seems like that will be the future of dental implants...if this is for real.
I'm sure cost is still a huge factor. Something like this seems far more expensive than titanium posts and a crown. Even though they claim the cost to be the same, just think that in 5 years, synthetic implant technology will be so efficient and cheap.

the *****s on cnn forgot to mention that this has never been tried in humans, only rats, and in the rats, no gingival attachment, limited periodontal ligament attachment. basically they all had perio.

i dont see it working unless they can regenerate sharpeys fibers and ligamental attachment.

Tom

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw the news on CNN today. It said they will run the human test and it should be practical in 5 years. I feel it is just politics. I am sure if there is a drug which can cure most of the internal diseases, the medical organization won't let this news be announced. Is the dentistry still considered not as important as medicine by these research MDs?

thomasratkin said:
the *****s on cnn forgot to mention that this has never been tried in humans, only rats, and in the rats, no gingival attachment, limited periodontal ligament attachment. basically they all had perio.

i dont see it working unless they can regenerate sharpeys fibers and ligamental attachment.

Tom

Actually, those *****s (I agree they are *****s) did mention a lot of what you stated.

Gavin, the other day I caught the end of a story on my local news where they were talking about the development of a new dental CAT scan. Have you heard anything about that? -Andy