How many teeth should I collect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flamingo93

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am starting dental school in the fall and I need to collect teeth before school starts. I did not get a specification as to how many teeth I might need. I have dropped off jars with preservatives (my school recommended these) to various offices around my city. How many teeth should I am to collect or how many offices should I collect at?

So far I have dropped off jars at three OMFS offices, two non-profit clinics, and five at general offices.

Thank you so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am starting dental school in the fall and I need to collect teeth before school starts. I did not get a specification as to how many teeth I might need. I have dropped off jars with preservatives (my school recommended these) to various offices around my city. How many teeth should I am to collect or how many offices should I collect at?

So far I have dropped off jars at three OMFS offices, two non-profit clinics, and five at general offices.

Thank you so much for your help!
I think you’ll have enough to supply your class and the next years incoming too. most student have 1 jar. Others don’t have any at all

Members don't see this ad :)
Back in the day you couldn't have enough. Now it just depends on the school and how often you use real vs tyodont teeth. So you need to do some research by talking to a upperclassman.

Teeth with a lot of restorations and caries usually won't fit the criteria. So at least half the teeth in any jar are of little use.

My school required 60. I probably ended up with about 100, and have used maybe 5 so far. I'm in my second semester of D1 year.