Guam, I hate you.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Headred27

Lucy Lover
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'm at work ... pretty much neurotically checking my e-mail on the off-chance I get a status change ... annnnd.... I get THIS:

Subject: Status Change: Interview

I would like to congradulate you on being granted an interview and conditional acceptance at University of Northern Guam College of Medicine. Your interview date is December 24 at 9pm, Eastern Standard Time.

At UNG-COM, you will have the opportunity to develop the superlative skills and knowledge required to become an oustanding physician. You will join your peers in the prestige of attending the #1-ranked allopathic medical school in Guam.

As you may know, UNG-COM was recently named of of the Top 10 American Medical Schools (outside of the 50 states). We also boast a high level of student diversity. For instance, our Class of 2010 is comprised of students with MKAT scores ranging anywhere from 10-25! No other medical school in Guam is able to demonstrate that level of commitment to diversity of the student population.

We look forward to meeting you at your interview and welcome you to the UNG-COMmunity.

Juanita-Roberta Brown, LPN
Medical Director
College of Medicine
University of Northern Guam

What a great way to congradulate me on my MKAT score! Grrrrrrrr ... it looked so legitimate when I saw the e-mail ... I guess that's the point.

Members don't see this ad.

a friend? what do you mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't UNG in Chapel Hill? I thought they were a great school...
I do enjoy that the director is an LPN.

You got in! now quickly withdraw your application from all US schools so those of us without an acceptance have a chance

Yes, definitely figured that out ........... after I re-read it ...

Definitely need to get back at my friend ... hmmmm ...

OMG... It must be tough being a med applicant these days. I'm looking forward to the thread: Northern Guam Med vs Stewart University - what to choose?

i like the fact that the interview was scheduled for Dec. 24th, 9pm EST.....for any of you who are fans of RENT :)

hey now... i'm actually from Guam! :eek:

please don't hate on my island!

i could have told you that there isn't a "University of Northern Guam" majority of northern Guam is an air force base!

hey now... i'm actually from Guam! :eek:

please don't hate on my island!

i could have told you that there isn't a "University of Northern Guam" majority of northern Guam is an air force base!
Almost 3 years to make your first post? Gold star for you for suppressing your natural urge to SDNate.

Almost 3 years to make your first post? Gold star for you for suppressing your natural urge to SDNate.

well, that's not entirely true.

i sold several prep books on here about a year and a half ago. i don't know why that didn't show on "number of posts"... maybe it's because i haven't logged on much since? dunno.

i typically refrain from posting, but the "i hate guam" caught my eye on the forms homepage. couldn't resist...

We look forward to meeting you at your interview and welcome you to the UNG-COMmunity.

I'm surprised no one commented on that horrible pun at the end of the letter.

OK, my guilty conscience is eating a hole in me.

I am the perpetrator of this scheme to instill false hope in my dear friend. It was quite clever, I must admit. Broadwayrm918, look at the name of the medical director more closely also. And I like my corny pun. I thought it was a nice touch.

I can't wait to see how she's going to get back at me for this one...

I'm sure if you have decent MKAT scores, they'll gladly reschedule. :laugh: