Guest Service Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masrat858

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I've been working in the hospitality industry for over four years now, and I was wondering if it would be beneficial to list any of it on my resume? If so, are there any suggestions on how one could go about doing so? I feel like it'd be a bit of shame not to let admissions know about a portion of my background. In my opinion, there are many components from the industry that could be related to medical field (guests, for example, visit to be treated in a certain kind of manner and have a decent experience; same could be said for patients).

Members don't see this ad.

omg plz do not omit this from your app! like you said, it's taken a big chunk of your time and life! and also like you said, there are several factors that go into guest services that mirror good patient care.

I had a guest services job for 3 years during undergrad and I included in on AMCAS as one of my 15 work and activities. You would be surprised how many times I was asked about it during my interviews! I not only stands out, but it is a good indicator that you know how to work well with others. Use this to explain how you work with different guests and customers that come from all walks of life. You can also include how working in this industry taught you how to work well with a team (your coworkers from your department and others) to ensure the guests were always happy.

I think it's a great way to strengthen your app :) go for it!

Reactions: 2 users