Guidance/Insight on my application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuckeyePat22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm probably not the most qualified person to comment on this but everything looks really good. I doubt you will have too much trouble getting into PT school. Just make sure you apply to more than one place.

Edit:

I would consider your applicant to be competitive. Your GPA is pretty close to the average for most schools. I've seen people with way lower get accepted. Also I would say that your GRE score of 1270 is above average. Just make sure you have volunteer hours in different settings if you can. Also having good Letters of Recommendation/Personal Statement would make your application very competitive.

I would agree with the previous poster - your GPA's are similar to what mine were and your GRE's are really good so the vast majority of schools would consider you a viable candidate (IMHO). Just focus on additional and varied observations because the schools really like to see a variety of exposure to the different PT settings. While doing those observations, try to develop a good relationship with the PT's so that you can potentially call on them for LOR's. One thing that I found somewhat difficult was finding a professor to list as an LOR contact. Not all schools require it (a few of the ones I applied to did require it) but I struggled with that only because I went to a large undergrad school and the student-professor relationship was tough to develop.

Thanks for the encouraging responses, those have definitely eased my anxieties about schools. I wish you two the best of luck in your careers!