Guide to Successful ASHP Midyear Attendance/Creeping 101

Started by Its Z
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Its Z

Retired
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. Always have a beer with lunch. It will make you drowsy and you won't want to attend useless CEs.

2. If you want vendors to kiss your ass and sell you stuff, register as a director. If you want to be left alone, register as a clinician.

3. Attend student poster sessions. Harass them but if they're good looking attractive presenters, show genuine interest and have them email you the study and poster. Carry on a long conversation.

4. Also attend professional poster sessions and go around and tell them their work is crap. Meanwhile you could actually learn some good stuff others are doing. But if they're good looking attractive presenters, show genuine interest and have them email you the study and poster. Carry on a long conversation.

5. Give your bus driver a hug then sit in the front row and collect tokens and bus fares.

6. Find a comfortable chair and people watch. You'll be amused.

7. If you're a practitioner and have no interest in residency or already have done one, attend the residency showcase..then find the busiest residency and start talking to the current residents and tell them you want to apply. But if they're good looking attractive residents, show genuine interest and carry on a long conversation.

8. Find free coffee.

9. Crash CompleteRX party.

10. Pay attention to small companies at the exhibit.


:meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was going today hi to cycloketocaine and introduce myself as the confetti that flies but I got nervous 🙁

Or I realized that would be creepy/lame and kept walking.
 
God damn I hate that you can't use vacation time while you are in the new hire probation period. I would have used my 1 week that I accumulated so far for this. It'll probably be in some ****ty city next year.

It's in Orlando! Along with both NCPA AND APhA. Sucks.
 
I'm gonna troll AACP and ASHP next year :meanie: Besides, I need to get to chitown...haven't been there in awhile and I miss it. And who doesn't love disney?

I've met a number of SDN peeps. Nobody has creeped me out yet 😛

I think I spotted Sparda in New Orleans last year..... But I thought I might get creeped on since everyone seemed sloshed.
 
I'm gonna troll AACP and ASHP next year :meanie: Besides, I need to get to chitown...haven't been there in awhile and I miss it. And who doesn't love disney?

I've met a number of SDN peeps. Nobody has creeped me out yet 😛

I think I spotted Sparda in New Orleans last year..... But I thought I might get creeped on since everyone seemed sloshed.

At ASHP or APhA?
 
I'm gonna troll AACP and ASHP next year :meanie: Besides, I need to get to chitown...haven't been there in awhile and I miss it. And who doesn't love disney?

I've met a number of SDN peeps. Nobody has creeped me out yet 😛

I think I spotted Sparda in New Orleans last year..... But I thought I might get creeped on since everyone seemed sloshed.

That dude is weird. I wouldn't want to meet him either.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know...some random sdner creeped on me when I was checking out PCA security devices.
 
I was going today hi to cycloketocaine and introduce myself as the confetti that flies but I got nervous 🙁

Or I realized that would be creepy/lame and kept walking.

You shoulda came and said hi! I promise I'm not scary/creepy like Z.
 
Haha you were sitting and looked sad/bored being flanked by all your residents. I diverted and said hello to my old director in the booth across from you.

Lol...they made me sit down...I was slammed the whole time since I did my PGY1 there too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
11. Make sure you have a gunner friend who attends all CE sessions. Buy him/her a drink.