GW alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bianca01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do anyone know if being put on the alternate list at GW is any different from being waitlisted? Do you know how many people get in off the alternate list?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Bianca01 said:
Do anyone know if being put on the alternate list at GW is any different from being waitlisted? Do you know how many people get in off the alternate list?
thanks
About 1/3 of the class is made up of people off the alternate list (and yes, being placed on the alternate list is the same as being waitlisted).

Members don't see this ad :)
Labslave said:
About 1/3 of the class is made up of people off the alternate list (and yes, being placed on the alternate list is the same as being waitlisted).

Thanks for the info!

yeah, it's all a general waitlist now. in march, they'll break that up into an "upper echelon" list and a regular "waitlist." apparently, if you're placed in the upper echelon, your letter will state that you'll have a very good chance of getting in eventually. a lot of upper echelon-ers on sdn got in last year, but i do know people on that list that did not end up getting in, so it's no guarantee. anyway, we alternates have a nice long wait now. bah! good luck, guys.

ah im still waiting to hear! i interviewed end of sept. so i think my letter should be sent out soon...please make it an acceptance! ah, every time i check the mail, my heart just sinks.

I interviewed at GW in early Oct and am anxiously waiting for a response as well. I know they said during the interview that it would probably take between 6-8 weeks to hear back, but does anyone know about how long it has taken so far to hear anything back from them on avg?

medhopeful2006 said:
I interviewed at GW in early Oct and am anxiously waiting for a response as well. I know they said during the interview that it would probably take between 6-8 weeks to hear back, but does anyone know about how long it has taken so far to hear anything back from them on avg?

6.408973 weeks.

Seriously, the letter will come when it comes...but just to add to the paranoia, someone claims to have heard back after only 4 weeks.