GW Early Selection Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmoosavi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys... I just sent in my application for The Early Selection for GW in DC. The program is intended for second semester sophomores, basically you apply during your sophomore year and if you get in they hold a seat for you until after you get your undergrad degree after your senior year. The major plus is that they don't require the MCAT, but you're SAT has to be over 1300 to qualify.

I was just wondering if anyone had any personal information/experiences regarding this program. If/when I'm called for an interview, how should I go about it? Also, the program is non-binding, so I can still apply and potentially attend other med schools even if I get into the Early Selection Program... so any information at all on GW in general would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, guys... I just sent in my application for The Early Selection for GW in DC. The program is intended for second semester sophomores, basically you apply during your sophomore year and if you get in they hold a seat for you until after you get your undergrad degree after your senior year. The major plus is that they don't require the MCAT, but you're SAT has to be over 1300 to qualify.

I was just wondering if anyone had any personal information/experiences regarding this program. If/when I'm called for an interview, how should I go about it? Also, the program is non-binding, so I can still apply and potentially attend other med schools even if I get into the Early Selection Program... so any information at all on GW in general would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

GW's a great med school if you can stomach eight years in the same place. And while it's definitely non-binding, a kid I met (think he's M2 at GW now) said that not having to take the MCAT is hands-down the best part of it. You can essentially do whatever you want (within reason) during your next two years and still matriculate into a good medical school.

Sure, you may want to try your luck at Harvard or Georgetown or wherever, but do you really want to take the MCAT if it's not a requirement? Even a 42/3.95 doesn't guarantee you a place at a better-ranked school. It's a great program, IMO.

GW's a great med school if you can stomach eight years in the same place.

Actually, it would be 4 years in the same place. I don't go to GW for undergrad... they have a special affiliation with the undergrad institution that I got to (Rowan University). Thanks for your response.