Gw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physicsMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
This may sound dumb but if anyone is working on the George Washington secondary, just wondering what you were putting for factors that would influence your decision to go to GW. I think its fairly obvious: $, residency placemnt, research opps, location, structure of program. Do they want a general list or something specific to GW? We don't have much room to make it that specific, thats why I was wondering.

Members don't see this ad.

$???

it's one of the most expensive med schools to attend.

Sorry,
I wasn't being clear, I guess I can mention something about being in a diverse city and getting to help underserved populations. I just wasn't sure if I should laundry list the facyors or focus on one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mentioned the new hospital building. It's got all sorts of neat teaching rooms, resources, etc.

Originally posted by physicsMD
Hey guys,
This may sound dumb but if anyone is working on the George Washington secondary, just wondering what you were putting for factors that would influence your decision to go to GW. I think its fairly obvious: $, residency placemnt, research opps, location, structure of program. Do they want a general list or something specific to GW? We don't have much room to make it that specific, thats why I was wondering.

Hah. Do NOT put "cost" as one of the reasons why you'd want to go to GW :D One of my friends who interviewed at GW said that the avg debt of students coming out of there is around 150-200k...I'm not sure the exact figures. The reason is because GW, like Howard U. and Georgetown are located in D.C. That means that they don't have state funding.

- Focus

yeah... cost would be the number one reason why i would NOT attend GW. I love DC, I like GW's programs, the new hospital sounds really cool... but I will most likely end up in primary care and don't know how I could handle being that much in debt... I sure do love DC, though.

No, no, no,
forget cost. I said it was A factor in deciding between medical schools, not in deciding THEIR medical school.

My advice... Put EXACTLY why you want to go to GW. It's a rather simple question. You need to be 100% honest throughout this whole process, otherwise you may lose sight of exactly what you want...

I'll be a MSI at GW this year, and I said that the main reasons why I wanted to go to GW is because of their international medicine program and becuase of location...