GWU DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

destination.dpt

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything back about interviews from George Washington yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview invite for 11/15

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Same! I'm excited to visit! Has anyone heard what the GW interviews are typically like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an invitation and I applied on October 24. I'm so excited!

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview on December 6th. I haven't heard much on their interview process

I have an interview on December 6th. I haven't heard much on their interview process
I had their interview a little over a week ago. It wasn't too bad. They introduced the faculty and the program, there was a group interview with one faculty and 2-3 other applicants, a tour with 2 current students, and then a short, one-on-one interview with a different faculty member. I REALLY liked the program and the people. I'm praying I get an offer!

I got my acceptance tonight! Whoop! Whoop! :) I'm going to accept! So relieved to be done with this application process finally!!!

Last edited:
Hi! I just submitted my application this past weekend. How long did it take for everyone to get an interview invitation?

Hi! I just submitted my application this past weekend. How long did it take for everyone to get an interview invitation?
I got my invitation 9 days after I got the email saying they received my application.

it took about a month for my interview invitation. I applied in oct and got the interview invite in november.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited to interview on January 11th, got the email last Friday. I do believe they will have another interview day in February though.

Email to check my application status on the GW Force portal

who did you email regarding your application? Your interviewer or the admissions staff? Also what did you in your email? (I don‘t want to sound annoying)

I got an email the other day being invited to the January 11 interview. That’s the day I’ll be heading to Cali for 2 other PT interviews so I was able to move it to February 7.

Does anyone know if the later interviews put you at a disadvantage? Also how has everyone’s interviews gone?

who did you email regarding your application? Your interviewer or the admissions staff? Also what did you in your email? (I don‘t want to sound annoying)

Oh I didn’t email them I meant I got an email from the admissions saying to check my application status on the GW Force portal and that’s where it said I got accepted!

Congrats!! What did you think? I'm interviewing 1/11. About how many people were at the interview?
Thank you. I really enjoyed the interview process. The staff and students create a welcoming environment that made me feel comfortable when I entered the group and individual interviews. I believe there were 40-50 people there that day.

Just got invited for an interview 2/7! I'm extremely excited and pretty nervous for it- any advice for those going in?

Just curious if anyone has decided to accept an offer from GW. I’m putting down my deposit next week.

Just curious if anyone has decided to accept an offer from GW. I’m putting down my deposit next week.
I just accepted my offer and will be paying the deposit soon as well!

Just got invited for an interview 2/7! I'm extremely excited and pretty nervous for it- any advice for those going in?
I had my interview 1/11. The staff and students are super welcoming and created a stress free environment. I actually enjoyed the interview process!

I had my interview 12/6, got accepted 10 days later. Happy to say I accepted the offer & already paid my deposit!

I decided not to accept my offer hope this helps someone!

When visiting for your interview weekend, where would you recommend staying at an affordable price?

When visiting for your interview weekend, where would you recommend staying at an affordable price?

Hotel Lombardy! It’s right across the street from the PT building (1 minute walk), which is nice because the interview is so early in the morning. I wouldn’t say it’s very cheap but it’s around the same price as the other hotels that GW recommends to stay at and it’s the closest

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/11 been accepted yet?

What type of questions were you asked in your interview?

I interviewed with GW on 1/11. Overall it was a great experience. The day started with a meet and greet where the program and instructors were introduced. Next we were split into groups of 3 or 4 and brought back into a classroom for our group interviews with a single faculty member. She introduced herself and then asked us questions pulled from a list. To make it fair we were each given a chance to answer first. My group was asked 3 questions since there were three of us. The questions were: If you were on a team and you performed poorly, what would you discuss when you regrouped? What would you do in a situation where you had a difficult or non-compliant client? What are some of the traits you admire in a role model? Then we had a chance to ask her questions. Afterwards we regrouped and had a campus tour with some current students. The current students were there throughout the day to talk to and ask questions with, which was honestly the most enjoyable/informative part for me. After the tour we went back to the main building and had our individual interviews. This also felt like more of a conversation than an interview. The faculty member started by asking me a question I think everyone should be prepared to answer which was, "Tell me about yourself". She also asked me about why I wanted to attend GW and then asked some specific questions about my application (like why my grades progressively increased throughout my undergrad). At the end she asked if I had any questions for her. I highly recommend you take advantage of this even if they were already answered by others if for nothing else to show your interest in their program. The day concluded with another opportunity to chat with current students while the remaining interviews concluded. Overall the current students seemed to love the program and were more than willing to talk with you. I really enjoyed my interview. I hope this helps!

I interviewed with GW on 1/11. Overall it was a great experience. The day started with a meet and greet where the program and instructors were introduced. Next we were split into groups of 3 or 4 and brought back into a classroom for our group interviews with a single faculty member. She introduced herself and then asked us questions pulled from a list. To make it fair we were each given a chance to answer first. My group was asked 3 questions since there were three of us. The questions were: If you were on a team and you performed poorly, what would you discuss when you regrouped? What would you do in a situation where you had a difficult or non-compliant client? What are some of the traits you admire in a role model? Then we had a chance to ask her questions. Afterwards we regrouped and had a campus tour with some current students. The current students were there throughout the day to talk to and ask questions with, which was honestly the most enjoyable/informative part for me. After the tour we went back to the main building and had our individual interviews. This also felt like more of a conversation than an interview. The faculty member started by asking me a question I think everyone should be prepared to answer which was, "Tell me about yourself". She also asked me about why I wanted to attend GW and then asked some specific questions about my application (like why my grades progressively increased throughout my undergrad). At the end she asked if I had any questions for her. I highly recommend you take advantage of this even if they were already answered by others if for nothing else to show your interest in their program. The day concluded with another opportunity to chat with current students while the remaining interviews concluded. Overall the current students seemed to love the program and were more than willing to talk with you. I really enjoyed my interview. I hope this helps!
Thank you so much!

Is anyone aware of a Facebook group or similar for admitted students in the class of 2023? The one I have seen on Facebook seems inactive because it has 2 members and I haven't heard back from them.

I interviewed on 2/7 and I absolutely loved it. I'm a little nervous though, because I have a deposit due in a couple days at the only school I've received acceptance from. Any advice?

I interviewed on 2/7 and I absolutely loved it. I'm a little nervous though, because I have a deposit due in a couple days at the only school I've received acceptance from. Any advice?
I interviewed 12/6 and was accepted 12/16 so it was a pretty fast turn around. I would say if you still haven't heard anything the day before the other deposit is due to pay that deposit and when you hear back from other schools you can always put another down and remove yourself from another program. I know it's not ideal and losing the money sucks but I think it is worth it if you're sure that the program will be a better fit and that you will be happier there. 3 years is a long time to be at school so I would personally rather lose a few hundred dollars than to be unhappy/regretful in another program for that long. just my thoughts, hope this helps

I read "I absolutely loved it" and that's all I needed to recommend you to pay the deposit. Obviously I don't know your whole situation but what I know is that GW is a very competitive and prestigious program. If you end up being admitted to 2 or more schools, that's a good problem to have.

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/11 heard back yet? It's been over a month and I'm getting quite antsy...