GWU DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 1/11 heard back yet? It's been over a month and I'm getting quite antsy...

I have not heard back either. They did mention that they’ll roll out their acceptances anywhere from the week following interviews until May... not ideal but I’m trying to maintain hopeful!

Has anyone hear back from 2.7 interview? I am a little nervous cause they even didn’t reach out to the students who interviewed in January...do they still have spots?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone hear back from 2.7 interview? I am a little nervous cause they even didn’t reach out to the students who interviewed in January...do they still have spots?

I interviewed on 2/7 and I have not heard back yet. I know the current students said that everyone heard back at different times but the average seemed like 3 weeks after an interview. That is an average though so that doesn't mean every student will hear back at those times.

I interviewed on 2/7 and I have not heard back yet. I know the current students said that everyone heard back at different times but the average seemed like 3 weeks after an interview. That is an average though so that doesn't mean every student will hear back at those times.

That’s make sense! Hope we can have good news

I interviewed 2/7 and haven’t heard back either! Waiting for the 3 week timeline- fingers crossed we all get some good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in February and have not heard back.
I interviewed 2/7 and I heard back on the 11th of Feb. I was accepted! From what I understand, GWU has a very fluid, ongoing admissions decision process (even more so than the typical program). They have told me that some people have been pulled from the waiting list as late as weeks before the semester begins. I wish you luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 2/7 and I heard back on the 11th of Feb. I was accepted! From what I understand, GWU has a very fluid, ongoing admissions decision process (even more so than the typical program). They have told me that some people have been pulled from the waiting list as late as weeks before the semester begins. I wish you luck!!

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome. Do you know if they have sent out all of their initial acceptances? Or if they have a waiting list as of right now? It’s so hard to understand how these decision processes work with rolling admissions!

Congratulations! Can you share your deposit deadline? Thank you!

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome. Do you know if they have sent out all of their initial acceptances? Or if they have a waiting list as of right now? It’s so hard to understand how these decision processes work with rolling admissions!
I don't know if they have sent out all of their initial acceptances or not. I was on a few different waiting lists before their offer. Each school was very straight forward and made it very clear where I stood (however, not an exact number on the WL). GWU was different in that they sent out an email, which was more or less a personalized letter from the interviewer, explaining their admissions decisions process. It was nice because it felt like they took time to acknowledge what it takes to get to that point and the letter was personal and clearly not a one size fits all mass email; in fact, from what I've gathered, their entire decision process is anything but one size fits all. This should hopefully give some of us hope that they haven't forgotten or disregarded you as an applicant, but rather, they are organically sifting through endlessly qualified and talented applicants until a decision becomes more clear.

Based on their initial, post interview letter, it seems GWU is open to inquiries about student's status. They encouraged me to reach out to them in the event I've received another offer, so that I could learn more about where they stand on a decision about about my application. No other school did this.

Congratulations! Can you share your deposit deadline? Thank you!
My deposit deadline was the 27th of February. I received the offer on the 11th. Unless deposit deadlines are determined by other factors, from their financial department, I imagine they give everyone the same 16 day grace period.

I interviewed on 2/7 and I absolutely loved it. I'm a little nervous though, because I have a deposit due in a couple days at the only school I've received acceptance from. Any advice?
Curious to know whether you will be attending GWU or your other school choice? I also interviewed on 2/7!!

Is anyone aware of a Facebook group or similar for admitted students in the class of 2023? The one I have seen on Facebook seems inactive because it has 2 members and I haven't heard back from them.
I'm wondering the same thing! Did you find any class of 2023 groups?

Just curious if anyone has decided to accept an offer from GW. I’m putting down my deposit next week.
Interviewed on 2/7. I paid my deposit without hesitation. I'm incredibly excited!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Now to see if this mess is going to be resolved enough for us to start on time... I’m kind of guessing not, given that we have physicals and vaccinations to get and CPR classes to take before we can enter. And I can’t see our healthcare system being recovered in time.

Now to see if this mess is going to be resolved enough for us to start on time... I’m kind of guessing not, given that we have physicals and vaccinations to get and CPR classes to take before we can enter. And I can’t see our healthcare system being recovered in time.
Do we know if the program has had to move online for those in their spring semester? I'm reading some models from health experts that believe, closure of schools (campus course work) will continue much further down the road than most are expecting. Some predict that schools will not want to risk bringing thousands of students back to campuses without a vaccine. A vaccine which is also predicted to not be created and available for nearly 18 months.

Curious to know whether you will be attending GWU or your other school choice? I also interviewed on 2/7!!

GWU is my number one choice and I would accept in a heartbeat, but I still haven't received a decision email! The interview process was so wonderful and I truly felt a sense of community there. It would be understandable if everything happening right now with COVID-19 pushes the decision process back– but it's all pretty scary.

GWU is my number one choice and I would accept in a heartbeat, but I still haven't received a decision email! The interview process was so wonderful and I truly felt a sense of community there. It would be understandable if everything happening right now with COVID-19 pushes the decision process back– but it's all pretty scary.
My experience was very similar to yours; the staff were the most engaged and friendly of any of the schools I visited. They treated us like professionals. I had no idea it would be my number one choice until I interviewed there. I'm rooting for you to get in.

My experience was very similar to yours; the staff were the most engaged and friendly of any of the schools I visited. They treated us like professionals. I had no idea it would be my number one choice until I interviewed there. I'm rooting for you to get in.

Wow, thank you! Exactly- they made it feel like they were investing in each of the students they interviewed. Wishing you the best, and hoping to be working with you soon then!!

I am an admitted student at GWU and I hope we can all start this Fall. Is anyone interested in starting a facebook group for admitted students? That way we can post updates and discuss things since there is so much in the air right now.

I am an admitted student at GWU and I hope we can all start this Fall. Is anyone interested in starting a facebook group for admitted students? That way we can post updates and discuss things since there is so much in the air right now.
yes!!

Wow, thank you! Exactly- they made it feel like they were investing in each of the students they interviewed. Wishing you the best, and hoping to be working with you soon then!!
I found some interesting statistics in regards to GW's past application cycle and cohort. According to "Peterson's", using the latest application cycle to report data, GW received 721 applications: 108 offers of admission were granted: 46 enrolled. Therefore the acceptance rate was 15.0% and 42.6% actually matriculated. These numbers are extremely close to the acceptance rate and matriculation numbers, GW has on their website, so I'm assuming they're accurate.
Hopefully, those on a waiting list will take comfort in the fact that, 108 offers were sent out, yet 46 is the official enrollment number, which means that 62 people were eventually offered acceptances who may not have been in the initial batch of accepted applicants. I believe I'm correct is stating that a fair number of that 62 came from some kind of official or unofficial alternate list.

I'm in. Sounds helpful. We can also use Discord! My current classmates and myself are using it to stay connected.

When I interviewed the program said the current class would make a FB group and invite all of us into it once most of the acceptances were sent out and the class was finalized.

When I interviewed the program said the current class would make a FB group and invite all of us into it once most of the acceptances were sent out and the class was finalized.
Oh ok. I saw that they have pages for previous classes but I didn't know the current class took care of it. I think I'm going to wait until I get the FB invite then.

Has anyone tried emailing them asking about how COVID-19 May be affecting their admissions process?

Interviewed in 2.7 and waitlisted today...Did anyone was accepted today?

Interviewed 2.7 and was waitlisted as well! Holding out hope for us!

Last edited:
Anyone know how many they accepted off the waitlist last year?

I interviewed 2/7 as well and was just put on the waitlist today. However, I was accepted at another school yesterday and will most likely accept their offer so I will let GWU know to take me off the waitlist. Good luck to you all!!