GWU DPT 2021 Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pthopeful23

Reaction score
Hi! I haven’t seen any threads for George Washington University so I figured I’d start one! Has anyone that applied this cycle heard anything about interviews yet? I applied in the beginning of August and haven’t had any correspondence with them since so I’m getting a little nervous. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I also applied in the beginning of August and am yet to hear back anything. I was going through threads from last year and saw that applicants that submitted in late august began hearing back by late October, so hopefully we will hear back soon!

I submitted my application late september. Hopefully we can get a response later this month!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, I’m glad I’m not alone lol! Good luck to both of you!!

I applied in mid-August and still haven't heard about an interview, but I did get a standard "we received your application and it is now under review" email on October 5th! It felt very late given I applied 2 months earlier, but some correspondence is better than none!

I received the “We’ve received your application” email a couple days after submitting my supplemental application to them, and in it they instructed me to submit my PTCAS application if I haven’t already done so. At that point I already had, so I figured I was good. Other than that, I haven’t received any other confirmation. Is that the same email you’re talking about?

I applied in mid-August and still haven't heard about an interview, but I did get a standard "we received your application and it is now under review" email on October 5th! It felt very late given I applied 2 months earlier, but some correspondence is better than none!

Does anyone know the Tuition and COL for GWU? I knew a PT who graduated their and has over 200k in loans. Is this possible? Like is GWU that expensive? Sorry if this came out as an attack just making sure if I should take the interview! Thank you and I mean no offense to anyone considering this school!

I received the “We’ve received your application” email a couple days after submitting my supplemental application to them, and in it they instructed me to submit my PTCAS application if I haven’t already done so. At that point I already had, so I figured I was good. Other than that, I haven’t received any other confirmation. Is that the same email you’re talking about?
My email verified they received both my PTCAS and GW supplemental application! I have since gotten an interview invitation for October 24th!

My email verified they received both my PTCAS and GW supplemental application! I have since gotten an interview invitation for October 24th!

oh wow congratulations!! Best of luck on the interview! Still anxiously waiting but glad to hear they are reaching out now!

For those that interviewed, how did it go? We are rooting for you guys! Also, how was the virtual format?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that interviewed, how did it go? We are rooting for you guys! Also, how was the virtual format?

It went well! We started out with a 45 minute program overview, then broke into breakout groups for an hour long student Q&A panel or an hour long group interview. After lunch, we swapped, then finished up with staggered 15 minute individual interviews. I believe there were about 40 students overall for the interview day. The virtual format was decent, and we had plenty of breaks built into the schedule, but that did make the day a little long.

I applied in the middle of August but haven't heard anything back yet.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you guys who interviewed in October heard anything back yet?

Does anyone have an update on when decisions are coming out?

Ahh!! So exciting! Congratulations!! When did you receive the email?
At 3:36 pm! They sent a notification and I had to log onto the portal to view the decision.

Congratulations!!! Did anyone who interviewed in November get accepted yet?

Any tips for the group interview? Were there any questions that you were not expecting?

Any tips for the group interview? Were there any questions that you were not expecting?
The only one I wasn’t expecting was when they asked what I have learned from the pandemic! I liked it because it wasn’t necessarily PT related and showed they wanted to learn more about us as individuals too

I interviewed 12/18 but haven't heard. Has anyone interviewed in mid to late December and received offers? I know it might be slightly delayed due to the holidays, and classes started again yesterday so staying optimistic ;-)

Has anyone heard with interview offers? Just trying to figure out if they’re still taking interviews or not!

I just received an offer!! 😊 Had to log into the GW portal to view the acceptance letter. I interviewed on 12/18, and followed up twice during the holidays for status and also provided updates on my work and building hours as Lead PT Aide. Final decision and deposit due by Feb 15th. Good luck to those still waiting! 👍🏼

I just received an offer!! 😊 Had to log into the GW portal to view the acceptance letter. I interviewed on 12/18, and followed up twice during the holidays for status and also provided updates on my work and building hours as Lead PT Aide. Final decision and deposit due by Feb 15th. Good luck to those still waiting! 👍🏼
If I may ask, what email did you use to follow up with them?

hey! I recently decided on GW DPT & would love to connect with others who are going/hoping to go :)

I declined GW, I hope someone on the waitlist gets my spot!!! Good luck to you all

hey! I recently decided on GW DPT & would love to connect with others who are going/hoping to go :)
I’ll be there with ya! 😁🎉 I was actually accepted to last year’s cohort but deferred a year due to COVID. I’m returning back to school after graduating undergrad 20 years ago 😬 so I’m definitely feeling nervous and like I’m gonna stick out like a sore thumb. But also really starting to get excited!

Reactions: 2 users
I’ll be there with ya! 😁🎉 I was actually accepted to last year’s cohort but deferred a year due to COVID. I’m returning back to school after graduating undergrad 20 years ago 😬 so I’m definitely feeling nervous and like I’m gonna stick out like a sore thumb. But also really starting to get excited!
woohoo !! don't be nervous about that! I'm sure we're going to have a really great group :)

I interviewed 12/15 and got accepted 2/5! I still haven’t confirmed my decision because I’m really concerned about the cost of living and tuition. My other option is an in-state program that I got accepted to but I don’t think is the best fit for me. Either way I’m excited and willing to connect with anyone to discuss DC and GW in general!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, I recently put down my deposit for GW and am excited about joining the program. I’m definitely also a little nervous about the high tuition and cost of living but I felt GW was a good fit for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I recently put down my deposit for GW and am excited about joining the program. I’m definitely also a little nervous about the high tuition and cost of living but I felt GW was a good fit for me.
congrats! I also recently got accepted. I'll likely accept and put down my deposit. I was really impressed by GW in the interview session, but I'm definitely worried about tuition/cost of living *sigh*

Has anyone heard with interview offers? Just trying to figure out if they’re still taking interviews or not!
Not sure if this is still relevant but I didn't get my offer to interview until 2/3 for an interview day on 2/16! The director of admissions (Miriam Okine Davies, mentioned earlier in the thread) is super responsive and could definitely say if they're still interviewing. I sent thank you emails to both of my interviewers later that week and got accepted on 2/19!

Hi all! Was accepted to GW 2/11 after interviewing in November. GW has been a top choice of mine but I was offered a pretty big scholarship to go to a smaller school in Boston. I am completely torn- if anyone has any advice or insight as to what the GW program looks like from a student perspective and what makes it unique when compared to other programs, please send it my way!

Hi! I am an accepted student off of the waitlist as off yesterday and ran into your post about an undergrad from 29 years ago, which clicked with me cuz I’m in a similar boat. May I DM you few questions if you don’t mind?