GWU Semi-rejection Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEB129

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get a letter from GW today that says something like: " The Admissions Committee regrets to inform you that interview season has closed, however your file has been placed in a small pool that will remain active and there is a very slim possibility that you could be offered a late spring interview."

I wonder how many people are in this "small pool"?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey...I got the same letter today. But they are sending out real rejections right? Do you think there is any chance of an interview? Why would they keep an active application if they are not doing any more interviews?

I know a few people who got that last year, myself included, but unfortunately none of us ended up getting an interview. I think they hold on to a few last applications in case the number of people who withdraw their acceptances peaks much higher than expected. It's basically them saying you are our last last resort.

I got that useless letter today, too. I just wish some of these schools would stop wasting our time. They even underline the words "very slim" to emphasize the fact that such a possibilty is hardly likely to occur. Complete waste of paper.

Got the wonderful letter too!

i got that letter too....I am so excited!!!

Im still in the game this late into the application season!

Well, looks like I should be getting something in the mail then soon! Either that or GW has completely forgotten about me altogether, since I haven't heard a word from them.

I got it too...it was the most worthless thing ever. If there are 3 people on here with that then it must not even be that small of a pool.

worthless

:confused: GW has an SMP program? Not that I've heard of.

I think LifetimeDoc got the GT SMP postcard because I got that in the mail on Friday too...thanks a lot GT, real confidence booster:rolleyes:

I think LifetimeDoc got the GT SMP postcard because I got that in the mail on Friday too...thanks a lot GT, real confidence booster:rolleyes:

Oh, okay. Georgetown SMP, not to be confused with GW. GW and Georgetown really are quite different schools, despite the fact that they are both in DC and have "George" in their name.

Oh, okay. Georgetown SMP, not to be confused with GW. GW and Georgetown really are quite different schools, despite the fact that they are both in DC and have "George" in their name.

All this confusion because of some dude that supposedly chopped down a fake tree...sigh

Actually...I guess his name has nothing to do with Georgetown but oh well :D

All this confusion because of some dude that supposedly chopped down a fake tree...sigh

Actually...I guess his name has nothing to do with Georgetown but oh well :D

:)

Georgetown is named after...Georgetown, which used to be a separate city in Maryland, and was even separate within DC for a while. Georgetown (the city) was named after King George III of England.

at least my application fee is going to good use for postage stamps!

:)

Georgetown is named after...Georgetown, which used to be a separate city in Maryland, and was even separate within DC for a while. Georgetown (the city) was named after King George III of England.

I was wondering about Georgetown's History, because Georgetown Prep (a jesuit private h.s) is all the way in southern rockville and Georgetown in DC is approaching the waterfront. I googlemapped it. It's 7 some miles. That seems like a very large town.

More on topic: I'm really sorry you guys about that letter. At least they were specific about your chances and not vague. Looking at it one way, you still have more of a chance of getting in than those rejected. Best of luck :luck: