GWU Student Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious, how much weight is placed on the student interview at GWU? Does the student interviewer have much clout in your admissions process? Does he/she even look at your file after the interview or does only the faculty interviewer look at it?

Anyone have any insights?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I don't have an answer for your question, and I don't want you to think I'm trying to hijack your thread, but if anyone can answer you, and has had their interview already, could they also just list when they were complete, when they were invited for an interview, and when the actual interview was?

P.S. - I would imagine the student interviewer has as much say as any other interviewer, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the applicants who had student interviews.

tkdusb said:
Hi, I don't have an answer for your question, and I don't want you to think I'm trying to hijack your thread, but if anyone can answer you, and has had their interview already, could they also just list when they were complete, when they were invited for an interview, and when the actual interview was?

P.S. - I would imagine the student interviewer has as much say as any other interviewer, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the applicants who had student interviews.

tkdusb, you misunderstand me. At GWU you are given both a faculty and student interview. I only ask which they weigh more because one of the my fellow interviewees on my day had a really bad experience with his student interviewer and was freaking out about it.

If anyone knows how they weigh the interviews at GWU, shout out! =D

Members don't see this ad :)
Pewl said:
tkdusb, you misunderstand me. At GWU you are given both a faculty and student interview. I only ask which they weigh more because one of the my fellow interviewees on my day had a really bad experience with his student interviewer and was freaking out about it.

If anyone knows how they weigh the interviews at GWU, shout out! =D
On my interview day I was told by a member of the admissions committee that the interviews (student and faculty) were given equal weight.

Labslave said:
On my interview day I was told by a member of the admissions committee that the interviews (student and faculty) were given equal weight.

cool, that's what I like to hear =D

Hmmm... did everyone else's student interview at GWU go well?

Pewl said:
Hmmm... did everyone else's student interview at GWU go well?
Mine did! It was so much fun. I had a great time with my student interviewer. He was so nice, and I got to ask a lot of questions. I'm glad it was before the faculty interview, it boosted me up hehe