-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
GWU Waiting List: A new email update
Started by Shejeboshease
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hey guys,
I called last week to try and see if I could get anything out of them, I explained to them that I was accepted to NYMC and that their housing stuff is due very soon, and I'll loose my deposit which is pretty big, if I dont make a decision about housing soon, but all they said is that the wait moves differently different years, and theres no way they could tell how many people would get off of it or where I was on the list, 🙁 , but maybe someone else would have better luck, goodluck to everyone,
I called last week to try and see if I could get anything out of them, I explained to them that I was accepted to NYMC and that their housing stuff is due very soon, and I'll loose my deposit which is pretty big, if I dont make a decision about housing soon, but all they said is that the wait moves differently different years, and theres no way they could tell how many people would get off of it or where I was on the list, 🙁 , but maybe someone else would have better luck, goodluck to everyone,
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys,
I called last week to try and see if I could get anything out of them, I explained to them that I was accepted to NYMC and that their housing stuff is due very soon, and I'll loose my deposit which is pretty big, if I dont make a decision about housing soon, but all they said is that the wait moves differently different years, and theres no way they could tell how many people would get off of it or where I was on the list, 🙁 , but maybe someone else would have better luck, goodluck to everyone,
Seriously? I was going to call with that same approach...acceptance somewhere else, need to make some decisions. Good to know it's a dead end.
thanks for posting this...
hey guys,
I called last week to try and see if I could get anything out of them, I explained to them that I was accepted to NYMC and that their housing stuff is due very soon, and I'll loose my deposit which is pretty big, if I dont make a decision about housing soon, but all they said is that the wait moves differently different years, and theres no way they could tell how many people would get off of it or where I was on the list, 🙁 , but maybe someone else would have better luck, goodluck to everyone,
LAMEEE!
i'm sorry you guys are feeling frustrated. i don't really know what you expect gw to tell you, though. you're not ranked on the list, so there's no way for them to tell you where you stand. things are different every year: my year, a number of us were taken off the list (i'd guess over 20 at least), whereas the year before, they took almost no one off at all. these are things they cannot predict. i'm sure if they knew exactly how many people were going to withdraw, they'd tell you. but, they don't. and supplying you with an educated guess would only serve to give you guys potential false hope. the admissions committee doesn't want that to happen and i'm sure you all don't want it to happen. if someone withdraws from the class, admissions tries to replace that person with someone who is similar (grades, background, etc). i know some schools have a ranked list and they just go from person to person, but that's not how it works at gw. hopefully this clears some things up for you. just sit tight - it's tough but trying to squeeze secrets out of the person who answers the phone in admissions is only going to lead to more frustration. best of luck.
Hey,
Does anyone know if GW has had any waitlist movement after may in past years. I know the majority is right after may 15th, but I also know that some schools have a cutoff date of June 1st for final decisions, so I was hoping there might be another wave of movement in the first few days of June, anybody know if that has been the case in the past, or just wishfull thinking?
Thanks,
Kevin P.
Does anyone know if GW has had any waitlist movement after may in past years. I know the majority is right after may 15th, but I also know that some schools have a cutoff date of June 1st for final decisions, so I was hoping there might be another wave of movement in the first few days of June, anybody know if that has been the case in the past, or just wishfull thinking?
Thanks,
Kevin P.
Hey,
Does anyone know if GW has had any waitlist movement after may in past years. I know the majority is right after may 15th, but I also know that some schools have a cutoff date of June 1st for final decisions, so I was hoping there might be another wave of movement in the first few days of June, anybody know if that has been the case in the past, or just wishfull thinking?
Thanks,
Kevin P.
There was movement in June last year at least. I was accepted 6/20, and I know a few others were accepted in June too.
There was movement in June last year at least. I was accepted 6/20, and I know a few others were accepted in June too.
Thanks, well that atleast gives a little hope.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I withdrew officially today - goodluck guys!
still haven't heard anythingggg!
does anyone know how many applicants GWU has in their active alternate pool?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K