GWU Waiting List: A new email update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeh it pisses me off that theyre so secretive of the waitlist. grrrrr! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like we have the right to some idea of where we are on the waitlist...has anyone tried to call and ask? Maybe it wouldn't hurt? What if someone needed to know to make job/housing decisions?

hey guys,
I called last week to try and see if I could get anything out of them, I explained to them that I was accepted to NYMC and that their housing stuff is due very soon, and I'll loose my deposit which is pretty big, if I dont make a decision about housing soon, but all they said is that the wait moves differently different years, and theres no way they could tell how many people would get off of it or where I was on the list, :( , but maybe someone else would have better luck, goodluck to everyone,

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,
I called last week to try and see if I could get anything out of them, I explained to them that I was accepted to NYMC and that their housing stuff is due very soon, and I'll loose my deposit which is pretty big, if I dont make a decision about housing soon, but all they said is that the wait moves differently different years, and theres no way they could tell how many people would get off of it or where I was on the list, :( , but maybe someone else would have better luck, goodluck to everyone,

Seriously? I was going to call with that same approach...acceptance somewhere else, need to make some decisions. Good to know it's a dead end.

thanks for posting this...

hey guys,

LAMEEE!

i'm sorry you guys are feeling frustrated. i don't really know what you expect gw to tell you, though. you're not ranked on the list, so there's no way for them to tell you where you stand. things are different every year: my year, a number of us were taken off the list (i'd guess over 20 at least), whereas the year before, they took almost no one off at all. these are things they cannot predict. i'm sure if they knew exactly how many people were going to withdraw, they'd tell you. but, they don't. and supplying you with an educated guess would only serve to give you guys potential false hope. the admissions committee doesn't want that to happen and i'm sure you all don't want it to happen. if someone withdraws from the class, admissions tries to replace that person with someone who is similar (grades, background, etc). i know some schools have a ranked list and they just go from person to person, but that's not how it works at gw. hopefully this clears some things up for you. just sit tight - it's tough but trying to squeeze secrets out of the person who answers the phone in admissions is only going to lead to more frustration. best of luck.

not a word, still hoping though...

Hey,
Does anyone know if GW has had any waitlist movement after may in past years. I know the majority is right after may 15th, but I also know that some schools have a cutoff date of June 1st for final decisions, so I was hoping there might be another wave of movement in the first few days of June, anybody know if that has been the case in the past, or just wishfull thinking?
Thanks,
Kevin P.

Hey,
Does anyone know if GW has had any waitlist movement after may in past years. I know the majority is right after may 15th, but I also know that some schools have a cutoff date of June 1st for final decisions, so I was hoping there might be another wave of movement in the first few days of June, anybody know if that has been the case in the past, or just wishfull thinking?
Thanks,
Kevin P.

There was movement in June last year at least. I was accepted 6/20, and I know a few others were accepted in June too.

There was movement in June last year at least. I was accepted 6/20, and I know a few others were accepted in June too.

Thanks, well that atleast gives a little hope.

Does anybody know how many people are currently on the waitlist? I'm sure there is a good amount of people who didn't reply to that April e-mail.

bump

anyone heard anything?

Does anybody know if there has been movement on the wait list in the past few weeks?

I withdrew officially today - goodluck guys!

still haven't heard anythingggg!

Got off the GW waitlist on Friday!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!
Good luck to you all. And don't worry ...its still moving - just make sure you let them know how much youw ant it.
good l

radbone, were you on the "high priority" list??