General Admissions & OTCAS Gwynedd Mercy University MSOT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JD0624OT

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! Just wanted to know if anyone heard back from Gwynedd Mercy University yet? I had an interview with them on February 15 and was told it would take 2-4 weeks. It will be 4 weeks this Friday and I am getting really nervous I won’t receive a call! 🙁
 
I had my interview on the 22nd and they told me by the end of March. I just want to know already! Haha but yes it will be soon enough.
 
Hey guys! Just wanted to know if anyone heard back from Gwynedd Mercy University yet? I had an interview with them on February 15 and was told it would take 2-4 weeks. It will be 4 weeks this Friday and I am getting really nervous I won’t receive a call! 🙁

I am in the same boat! I interviewed on Feb 15th and have not heard anything! I am getting nervous.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the same boat! I interviewed on Feb 15th and have not heard anything! I am getting nervous.
Hey! We interviewed on the same day! I personally emailed the director yesterday morning to ask for an update. I didn't get a response back from him directly, but I received an automatic email at the end of the day saying that I've been put on a waitlist! I've been pretty bummed out since, but I still have my fingers crossed for this program!
 
Hey! We interviewed on the same day! I personally emailed the director yesterday morning to ask for an update. I didn't get a response back from him directly, but I received an automatic email at the end of the day saying that I've been put on a waitlist! I've been pretty bummed out since, but I still have my fingers crossed for this program!
Hey! I'm wondering if you ended up getting put off the waitlist with Gwynedd Mercy, or attended elsewhere, etc?

Thank you!
 
Hey guys! Just wanted to know if anyone heard back from Gwynedd Mercy University yet? I had an interview with them on February 15 and was told it would take 2-4 weeks. It will be 4 weeks this Friday and I am getting really nervous I won’t receive a call! 🙁
Hey! When did you end up finding out if you were accepted or not?
 
Hey! I actually got accepted and am attending Gwynedd Mercy now! Have you applied here?
I did! My interview is next Tuesday, the 18th so I just wanted to see if the waiting list was long? When did you finally hear back that you were off the waiting list? Also, how are you liking it so far?
Thank you!
 
I just got the call that I was accepted! Quick question- What are the hours and days of class for you?
Hey! Just wondering what the interview process looked like for you...I have an interview this Friday & I’m super nervous! I was told there’s a written portion to it...is it timed? Any hints/advise would be greatly appreciated! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I have an interview this Saturday (Virtual). What type of questions should I expect? Also, what is the written portion like? Thanks in advance!!
 
Hey! Just wondering what the interview process looked like for you...I have an interview this Friday & I’m super nervous! I was told there’s a written portion to it...is it timed? Any hints/advise would be greatly appreciated! 🙂
Good luck!! I have my interview this Saturday! If you can, could you let me know what to expect?? I heard the staff is very nice and the interview is not bad at all. Fingers crossed!
 
Good luck!! I have my interview this Saturday! If you can, could you let me know what to expect?? I heard the staff is very nice and the interview is not bad at all. Fingers crossed!
Hey! Sure thing! Did you happen to hear anything about the written portion?
 
Hey! Sure thing! Did you happen to hear anything about the written portion?
Great!! So I only know that they may provide a question in a scenario based or maybe a personal question. Could be along the lines of “graduate study is more challenging than undergrad, how will you make sure you will succeed” or could be something like a specific reason for choosing OT. I’m not sure when it is supposed to be done or submitted.
 
How did it go?? I’m so anxious
Hey! You have nothing to worry about....it was exactly how you said it would be. The faculty were super friendly and they all asked general questions like what is OT and why that school. You meet with 4 of them that interview you then the 5th person gives you the essay prompt.
You're going to do great! I wish you the best of luck! Let me know how it goes 🙂
 
Hey! You have nothing to worry about....it was exactly how you said it would be. The faculty were super friendly and they all asked general questions like what is OT and why that school. You meet with 4 of them that interview you then the 5th person gives you the essay prompt.
You're going to do great! I wish you the best of luck! Let me know how it goes 🙂
Omg such a relief! Sorry to bother you all day! I’m glad your interview went well.. i will post an update tomorrow. Appreciate it!
 
Hey! You have nothing to worry about....it was exactly how you said it would be. The faculty were super friendly and they all asked general questions like what is OT and why that school. You meet with 4 of them that interview you then the 5th person gives you the essay prompt.
You're going to do great! I wish you the best of luck! Let me know how it goes 🙂
Hi! I'm glad your interview went well! 🙂 I also have an interview tomorrow and I'm super nervous about the written essay. Did they make you write it over zoom or did you have a set time that it was due by? Any advice/info would help! Thanks 🙂
 
Hi! I'm glad your interview went well! 🙂 I also have an interview tomorrow and I'm super nervous about the written essay. Did they make you write it over zoom or did you have a set time that it was due by? Any advice/info would help! Thanks 🙂
Hey! Sorry I didn't see this sooner, but I hope it all went well. Fingers crossed!
 
I thought the interview was good! Smooth transitions on zoom, but definitely felt pressured to get my answers out quick because each session was about 8-10 mins!
Yeah this is how I felt! I talked so fast and felt like I didn't get to say everything that I wanted to but ah well
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay congrats! I also got accepted and am planning on attending 🙂
I interviewed on 2/20/21 and haven't heard back yet. I'm wondering if I will get accepted. I had a 3.7 GPA, 150 hours of observation ( in only one population) , meet all the perquisites with appropriate grades. Is there anything I might be missing in my application that would make me look like a better candidate? GMercyU is my top choice and bummer I haven't heard from them yet....
 
Congrats to everyone! I was accepted as well, but waiting on TJ. Hoping to hear from them soon. I was looking at other forums and read many were accepted already to Thomas Jefferson in Nov.
 
I interviewed on 2/20/21 and haven't heard back yet. I'm wondering if I will get accepted. I had a 3.7 GPA, 150 hours of observation ( in only one population) , meet all the perquisites with appropriate grades. Is there anything I might be missing in my application that would make me look like a better candidate? GMercyU is my top choice and bummer I haven't heard from them yet....
I also interviewed on 2/20/21 and I got the call on Friday the 26th! I think with your stats you should be good. As long as you feel that your interview went well, I wouldn't worry too much! Best of luck
 
I also interviewed on 2/20/21 and I got the call on Friday the 26th! I think with your stats you should be good. As long as you feel that your interview went well, I wouldn't worry too much! Best of luck
Thanks! I feel like my interviews went as well as they could’ve. Hoping I hear back soon! Thanks for the encouragement 🙂
 
Congratulations!!! Yes heard back from them 2/26 and I was accepted.. I applied to Jefferson but have not heard back from them with any decisions (still says reviewing applications)
How long does GMU give you to put down a deposit before they give your seat away? I’m worried about the timing of acceptances between 2 universities.