Program-Specific Info / Q's SJSU MSOT 2026-2027 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

guayackiii

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I am currently applying to San Jose State's 26-27 MSOT application cycle! Looking around Reddit and here I couldn't find a space for other people to share their experiences and questions so I decided to make this thread for us.

So far I've completed transcript requests, solidified LOR's and am struggling with my personal statement :/ (analysis paralysis).

Please, use this space to vent, share, and be vulnerable as I always find it helpful to see that other's are sharing in the nerves of it all.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope to hear from some of you all soon!
 
Hi everyone!

I am currently applying to San Jose State's 26-27 MSOT application cycle! Looking around Reddit and here I couldn't find a space for other people to share their experiences and questions so I decided to make this thread for us.

So far I've completed transcript requests, solidified LOR's and am struggling with my personal statement :/ (analysis paralysis).

Please, use this space to vent, share, and be vulnerable as I always find it helpful to see that other's are sharing in the nerves of it all.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope to hear from some of you all soon!
Hi there!
I'm also applying to SJSU. I've been struggling with my personal statement as well, for me I'm worried I sound too generic. What's one thing you're struggling with for yours?

Currently, I'm most nervous about my hours. I feel like I've done too little:
  • 60hrs at a peds clinic
  • 32hrs under a outpatient hands
  • I technically also have another 70+ hours at a different peds clinic, but because the OT I shadowed under is writing my LOR, it can't count 🙁(though the graduate advisor did say I can mention it in my personal statement and LOR)
Best of luck to you as well!
 
Hi there!
I'm also applying to SJSU. I've been struggling with my personal statement as well, for me I'm worried I sound too generic. What's one thing you're struggling with for yours?

Currently, I'm most nervous about my hours. I feel like I've done too little:
  • 60hrs at a peds clinic
  • 32hrs under a outpatient hands
  • I technically also have another 70+ hours at a different peds clinic, but because the OT I shadowed under is writing my LOR, it can't count 🙁(though the graduate advisor did say I can mention it in my personal statement and LOR)
Best of luck to you as well!
That's honestly pretty decent. Thats 92 hours OT observation outside of the 70+ going into the Letter of Recommendation. I would maybe try to find a site that gives you even like 10 hours which would put you at over 100 total observation. But with the 70+ mentioned in your LOR, that already puts you in a comfortable spot. I only have 120 total Observation hours lol.