Hairstyle tips for interview (ladies)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubisco88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you fixing your hair for the interview? It seems like wearing it in a bun is the traditional way to go. How bad would it look if I left my hair down and and left it straight? I feel more comfortable and feminine with my hair down. I have a big forehead.

Members don't see this ad.

rubisco88 said:
How are you fixing your hair for the interview? It seems like wearing it in a bun is the traditional way to go. How bad would it look if I left my hair down and and left it straight? I feel more comfortable and feminine with my hair down. I have a big forehead.

Right. But you also wanna try and pull off that sweet and sexy look. That forehead might be a distraction in an interview.

Only one out of the four girls I interviewed with had her hair up. All others left it down. I don't think any of them had straight hair though. I am sure this is the most important piece of detail and a man will just miss it like I did.

Members don't see this ad :)

Routine for interviews:
Wash hair, let air dry, when almost dry put in Keratase (any kind of oil...b2b works as well) and leave in conditioner (something that smells super clean). After dry, straighten hair. Pull into half pony tail. Pin hair back instead of putting a hair tie on it.

Get complimented on it every single interview.

You can go the full sleek ponytail route, but I feel it's too boring.

Otherwise you can just leave it down and pin back bangs so no strands are in your face. Alternatively you can tuck it behind your ear. Just go for the clean polished look instead of the "Hay girl hay let's go clubbbinnnn" look.

Two words. Natalie Portman.

For some reason I thought you were a guy. Hair down always looks nice on a woman. Good luck.

I wore my hair down and straight, but I have bangs, so I pinned them to the side so they wouldn't get in my eyes and be distracting. Unless your hair is super long (like, waist-length) it's totally okay to wear it down.

Got a pixie cut last month. Stoked that it's going to take me roughly ten minutes to do my hair the morning of the interview. :)

The half-ponytail is the most versatile and easiest way to style your hair if you have anything shoulderlength or longer.

Other interesting hairstyles:

French twist - http://www.wikihow.com/French-Twist-Hair

My personal favorite I've always seen called the french roll, though I'm having trouble finding a how-to online that isn't just a version of the French Twist above. I put my hair in a low ponytail and secure it loosely with an elastic. I then divide the hair above the elastic roughly in half, and loop the ponytail through this hole. This gives me a bit of a twist. To complete, I tuck in the hair in the ponytail around this twist -- it gives you a low, gathered roll of hair around the nape of the neck, and is feminine, neat, and unobtrusive. This works best on shoulder length hair; a little longer will work too, but much longer and it gets messy quick.

I think I will just leave mine down. I have side bangs that sometimes end up in my eye so I will pin them back. Or wear a headband. :confused:

I think I'm going to do a French twist, I've always loved if because it looks so polished

go like this. Auto acceptance.
Copy%20of%20Pauly_D_Snooki.jpg