Handbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roll the Bones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a CA-1 and wanted to get an opinion on which book to buy. I want a handbook that I can read in the or. I have Ezekiel and use it often for quick references but for those long case where the patient is rock stable I want something with a little substance. I don't feel comfortable pulling out the text book and reading so I am looking for a handbook (those seem more acceptable in the OR). Do you recommend:

Clinical Anesthesia Procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital

or

Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia by Barash

or any others

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a CA-1 and wanted to get an opinion on which book to buy. I want a handbook that I can read in the or. I have Ezekiel and use it often for quick references but for those long case where the patient is rock stable I want something with a little substance. I don't feel comfortable pulling out the text book and reading so I am looking for a handbook (those seem more acceptable in the OR). Do you recommend:

Clinical Anesthesia Procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital

or

Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia by Barash

or any others

Thanks all!

Definitely pick up the MGH handbook. That thing rocks.

The barash handbook would be ok for boards I suppose but you wont find it all that usefull as a clinical guide or practical reference text.

You should also pick up the Current Clinical Stratagies Handbook of Anesthesiology. 15 bones and its got tons of usefull things in it.

Definitely pick up the MGH handbook. That thing rocks.

The barash handbook would be ok for boards I suppose but you wont find it all that usefull as a clinical guide or practical reference text.

You should also pick up the Current Clinical Stratagies Handbook of Anesthesiology. 15 bones and its got tons of usefull things in it.

If I'm not mistaken, he already has the Handbook of Anesthesiology. That's the Ezekiel (Mark Ezekiel MD is author) book he was talking about.

New edition 2006-2007 to be released at the end of this month. Two coming in from Amazon upon release. Lets hope the new version binding is better than the current binder.