Handspring Treo 270 phone/organizer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Wyldstyle

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok fellow med students, what do you think of this phone? Do you think its a good investment since it combines the phone and organizer in one? Any limitations for its use in the hospital esp. since it doesn't have expansion ports?

Hope someone can help me out. I like it alot, but want other peoples opinion.

Thanks,
wyldstyle :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno, but I think they are pretty sweet. Altho the new PocketPC phone from T mobile is cooler.

mmm....sexy :D

wallaby_sml.jpg

I have had an older Handspring for a couple years with no complaints. The Treo got great reviews, I think it made one of the top electrical gadgets of the year award recently. (I think at www.cnet.com ???) I don't recognize the other phone/PDA there, but if it is the Microsooft entry, I heard in reviews that it has many shortcomings. If you are a MS fan, the tip was to wait for the next generation after they fix the bugs.

Incidentally, I have gotten so sick of my cell phone ringing I disconnected it. It collects dust. You can talk to my answering machine!

Members don't see this ad :)
How useful are PDA's in the first two years of med school?

don't most hospitals ask you to turn cell phones off inside the wards? Is this why docs still use pagers?

Originally posted by Adcadet
don't most hospitals ask you to turn cell phones off inside the wards? Is this why docs still use pagers?

as far as i understand, yes.

i saw a doctor the other day and he had programmed all medicine reactions and whats safe to give women breastfeeding or children.

so basically he had a little PDR in there.

my PI has a bunch of drug info in his PDA and he seems happy with it (he's a toxicologist). I'll ask him about PDAs on wards today when I'm with him in clinic this afternoon.