-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Happy Birthday to me...
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm turning 28 this year and just starting pharmacy school, so don't start 
I've got some cool duct tape for your AR-15+Mossberg apocalypse weapon.

I've got some cool duct tape for your AR-15+Mossberg apocalypse weapon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ WVU alumns no doubt
^ WVU alumns no doubt
Alums? Hell, that's the president and the provost.
just kidding mike..
happy birthday
happy birthday
I decided to make myself a pirate. That's also 5 days worth of not shaving. I'm apparently not a man yet.
You're
...
I demand perfect grammar on my birthday.
...
...
...
And cake.
...
I demand perfect grammar on my birthday.
...
...
...
And cake.
I decided to make myself a pirate. That's also 5 days worth of not shaving. I'm apparently not a man yet.
![]()
A pirate walks into a bar, sits down, and orders a drink. While sitting down, one of the other bar patrons comes over and says "Excuse me, sir, are you aware that you have a ship's wheel in your pants?" To which the pirate replies "Y'arr, it drives me nuts."
There, I got you a terrible pirate joke for your birthday. Happy 27th.
L0L...Well duh, remember when I emailed you my dilemma? You should already know. 🙂You're
...
I demand perfect grammar on my birthday.
...
...
...
And cake.
L0L...Well duh, remember when I emailed you my dilemma? You should already know. 🙂
...and I cleaned it out earlier this year...suffice it to say I had to look it up. And there is never an excuse to use poor grammar unless you are in the midst of a double entente.
You ever get accepted, btw?
Yeah I know . I didn't use my age as an excuse though I just thought you already knew how old I was ( because you seemed shocked). And yeah I got accepted to FAMU. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for scholarships (I'm already eligible for a chance to get 75% of my tuition payed 😀).![]()
...and I cleaned it out earlier this year...suffice it to say I had to look it up. And there is never an excuse to use poor grammar unless you are in the midst of a double entente.
You ever get accepted, btw?
So, what do you plan on doing for your birthday?
So, what do you plan on doing for your birthday?
I broke my tooth last night and I need to see a dentist ASAP this mornin'. No ****.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awww that sucks. Hope everything goes well. I hope it wasn't a front tooth.
One of the stupid ones in the back.
I'm 27 years old as of 1 minute ago. I'm now officially in my late 20s and I feel old.
What are y'all getting me for my birthday?
Just shut up...... you have no clue what old is....
Just shut up...... you have no clue what old is....
He doesn't even have a lawn to yell at those damn kids to get off of.
My lawn has a fence 😀He doesn't even have a lawn to yell at those damn kids to get off of.
I'm 26 and can relate to the post-25 blues.
My lawn has a fence 😀
I'm 26 and can relate to the post-25 blues.
My lawn has a fence, but that is to keep my son in the yard.
He doesn't even have a lawn to yell at those damn kids to get off of.
Oh....I do. And the managers of my trailer park come by and yell at me if I go more than 3 weeks without mowing it.
I live in a "fancy" trailer park. I got a basketball court and a pool. Luxury livin', baby.
When I was your age... oh never mind..
So I think Giant Sequoia is the neatest tree.. but Giant Sequoia Bonsai is even neater and a huge oxymoron. So I'm going to buy 50 seeds from Amazon for $2.99 and see if I can raise them..as a bonsai plant! 
Happy bday - how's the tooth?
Happy bday - how's the tooth?
My appointment was moved to tomorrow at 3PM. I bought some dental wax and I have a ghetto, homemade crown going. It's trailerparktastic.
When I was your age... oh never mind..
When is your company going to start taking over **** in Austin? Every time you get a new one and I look up the town, its a suburb of Dallas. Start driving down I-35, dammit.
When is your company going to start taking over **** in Austin? Every time you get a new one and I look up the town, its a suburb of Dallas. Start driving down I-35, dammit.
It will never happen.
Austin is a hard town to find a job.. try Waco or Temple.. corpus christi.. McAllen.. now you can make bank working near the border.
It will never happen.
Austin is a hard town to find a job.. try Waco or Temple.. corpus christi.. McAllen.. now you can make bank working near the border.
I'll take anything where I can get two jobs in one town at this point. My resume submitting spree has returned dismal results.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll take anything where I can get two jobs in one town at this point. My resume submitting spree has returned dismal results.
Check out Harlingen..McAllen...Brownsville... I know they were paying $140K to $160K per year.. actually had a dood who would fly there from Dallas for week on week off... There's a bunch of hospitals there. Heck.. you always wanted to be out of country.. go visit Monterey Mexico...heard it wasn't too bad..
Dual Income No Kids down there...y'all can have 5 maids.. and you can keep a harem..
Check out Harlingen..McAllen...Brownsville... I know they were paying $140K to $160K per year.. actually had a dood who would fly there from Dallas for week on week off... There's a bunch of hospitals there. Heck.. you always wanted to be out of country.. go visit Monterey Mexico...heard it wasn't too bad..
Dual Income No Kids down there...y'all can have 5 maids.. and you can keep a harem..
Let's send Mike to live amongst the drug war....
That's Juarez and El Paso...
That's Juarez and El Paso...
I'm not going to lie...I don't know anything about the geography of Southern Texas.
Happy b-day mike.
I'm not going to lie...I don't know anything about the geography of Southern Texas.
Did one of my fourth year rotations at a hospital in Brownsville. Good grief there's not much to see. I'd honestly go nuts. But if you're chasing dough...look no further.
Flying in...
Downtown...
Rotation site...
👎
How to get to Mexico legally...
How to get to Mexico illegally...
Apparently this is supposed to stop people from crossing over:
And, the scenic weekend drives to Corpus, McAllen, South Padre, Harlingen. You name it, I went.
And happy birthday Mikey! We're the same age! For a month...
Did one of my fourth year rotations at a hospital in Brownsville. Good grief there's not much to see. I'd honestly go nuts. But if you're chasing dough...look no further.
What the heck... you learned to be a drug rep down in South Texas?
Actually...it's funny...there aint that many jobs down there like I thought... I'm not sure but I guess Texas A&M Kingsville is cranking out grads... if not, next year. I know the new school in San Antone is graduating some... aint no job in San Antone either... Slow in Dallas..
Still some in West, East, and Panhandle Texas.. East Texas may be tolerable.
What the heck... you learned to be a drug rep down in South Texas?
Actually...it's funny...there aint that many jobs down there like I thought... I'm not sure but I guess Texas A&M Kingsville is cranking out grads... if not, next year. I know the new school in San Antone is graduating some... aint no job in San Antone either... Slow in Dallas..
Still some in West, East, and Panhandle Texas.. East Texas may be tolerable.
Nah, I learned how to be a drug rep long before that. Brownsville just honed my skillz.
You guys have accounts in that area?
Nothing there..
Nothing there..
I couldn't even find good Mexican food there of all things!
The only good thing about Killeen (About an hour north-west of Austin) where I was stationed was the mexican food.
I can't even find half-decent sit-down joints in Southern CA as good as the food in Killeen.
Thanks for reminding me. *Shakes fist angrily*
I can't even find half-decent sit-down joints in Southern CA as good as the food in Killeen.
Thanks for reminding me. *Shakes fist angrily*
Seriously though...am I doing something wrong? I've applied for a few dozen jobs and I haven't even gotten a call back. WTF is going on? **** is pissing me off.
Seriously though...am I doing something wrong? I've applied for a few dozen jobs and I haven't even gotten a call back. WTF is going on? **** is pissing me off.
Problem is, you remind all the employers of their 16 year-old boys.
Who the hell wants a pharmacist who hasn't aged a day since he finished puberty!?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Problem is, you remind all the employers of their 16 year-old boys.
Who the hell wants a pharmacist who hasn't aged a day since he finished puberty!?
They don't know that from a flipping resume. And I can usually talk myself into anything once they see and, thus, talk to me.
I did the unthinkable...I emailed a recruiter.

They don't know that from a flipping resume. And I can usually talk myself into anything once they see and, thus, talk to me.
I did the unthinkable...I emailed a recruiter.![]()
It probably comes across in your resume, obviously!
They called your current employer, who said, "Oh, you want the 16 year-old guy?"
[YOUTUBE]OrLSbDbEJno[/YOUTUBE]
So it's your birthday? (or at least your *belated* birthday thread) Then let's celebrate...
First we're gonna take a street car to Brocato's.
Then we'll walk down to Fellini's and have lunch.
Then we'll take a walk through city park.
Then we'll get back on and ride to the French Quarter.
We'll stop by Pat O's for a hurricane.
Then we'll walk around and try not to look like tourists. 😳
Then we'll make a quick run through the French Market.
Then we'll complain that our feet hurt, and you'll head back to wherever you came from, let's say your hotel at Harrah's.
Then you'll eat at Drago's for dinner.
And then finally, you'll go back to your hotel and wish that you hadn't gained 5 pounds by eating and drinking at Brocato's, Felini's, Pat O's and Drago's.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
First we're gonna take a street car to Brocato's.
Then we'll walk down to Fellini's and have lunch.
Then we'll take a walk through city park.
Then we'll get back on and ride to the French Quarter.
We'll stop by Pat O's for a hurricane.
Then we'll walk around and try not to look like tourists. 😳
Then we'll make a quick run through the French Market.
Then we'll complain that our feet hurt, and you'll head back to wherever you came from, let's say your hotel at Harrah's.
Then you'll eat at Drago's for dinner.
And then finally, you'll go back to your hotel and wish that you hadn't gained 5 pounds by eating and drinking at Brocato's, Felini's, Pat O's and Drago's.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Mike,
Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the HR people to actuallly get things processed, I wouldn't get too concerned until you haven't had a response a few weeks after submitting. Plus you're just hitting the market at a peak time when all the students that graduated are flooding in (I know you don't have much choice b/c your wife just graduated), but with the economy picking up and what not, the hospitals are going to continue to ramp up hiring. I know at my hospital finances are dramatically different from a year ago from barely turning a profit to doing quite well; plus several hospitals my friends work at have taken on numerous new grads, so there will definitely be something for you guys. I know that according to the manpower website that minnesota seems to have a need, and there always seems to be recruiter emails I get about N. Cal; I'd just try for the states that have the greatest job opening density, maybe a pro like Z has a good idea of what states have the greatest need. If all else fails I could hook you guys up with some jobs in western KS or central MO (I know, you'd have to be desperate) but I get calls/emails weekly about such positions. Also, just post your resume on absolutely healthcare's website (the site is so ghetto archaic, but when I put my resume on there I got tons of calls, granted it was a few years ago but I heard a lot of HR recruiters and other recruiters use this site, so may be worth it)
Oops, I guess its Wisconsin, not Minn that had the high "AGI" number on the manpower site
Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the HR people to actuallly get things processed, I wouldn't get too concerned until you haven't had a response a few weeks after submitting. Plus you're just hitting the market at a peak time when all the students that graduated are flooding in (I know you don't have much choice b/c your wife just graduated), but with the economy picking up and what not, the hospitals are going to continue to ramp up hiring. I know at my hospital finances are dramatically different from a year ago from barely turning a profit to doing quite well; plus several hospitals my friends work at have taken on numerous new grads, so there will definitely be something for you guys. I know that according to the manpower website that minnesota seems to have a need, and there always seems to be recruiter emails I get about N. Cal; I'd just try for the states that have the greatest job opening density, maybe a pro like Z has a good idea of what states have the greatest need. If all else fails I could hook you guys up with some jobs in western KS or central MO (I know, you'd have to be desperate) but I get calls/emails weekly about such positions. Also, just post your resume on absolutely healthcare's website (the site is so ghetto archaic, but when I put my resume on there I got tons of calls, granted it was a few years ago but I heard a lot of HR recruiters and other recruiters use this site, so may be worth it)
Oops, I guess its Wisconsin, not Minn that had the high "AGI" number on the manpower site
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K