You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Happy New Year boss (where is my raise or bonus?)
Started by 3boooda
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4k+ raise! 3% - so basically inflation COL raise
LivingMyBestLife
Report Trolling Immediately Please
Your bonus is having the opportunity to work as a pharmacist. Instead of expecting a bonus it may be more advantageous to write a personal letter to your employer thanking them for the opportunity to work for them.Anybody got some from his/her greedy/cheap employer this year ?
4k+ raise! 3% - so basically inflation COL raise
Me too! A bit more, but you know...California, so I got a functional 1% raise, lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
The first prize in a pie-eating contest is always more pie!Your bonus will be less tech hours and more metrics!
Maybe next year? Too much corporate buyouts, and ownership chances. Last time I saw a raise it was 2%, which is certainly better than nothing.
Still waiting on my review/raise as well.
My bonus is 44 hours of OT in January because my employer won't hire enough floater pharmacists to cover pre-approved vacation days [emoji854]
Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile
Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile
Similar here.. maybe 0.5% over cost of living. This is why I have searched for a new job every 3 or so years. I've managed around 10-15% pay increases with each new job. Managed to increase my hourly rate by 50% from my first hospital job. I feel sorry for my old friends who never left and kept getting those 2-3% raises with no promotions in sight.4k+ raise! 3% - so basically inflation COL raise
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think the % raise being more than just a COLA is important for highly compensated employees like pharmacists.
A 3% raise at $120,000 (RPh) = $3600
A 3% raise at $40,000 (CPhT) = $1200
That delta more than absorbs a cost of living increase like food, gas, electricity, etc. A pharmacist is much more likely to save and also to have fixed housing costs (fixed mortgage) whereas a technician for example is likely spending the entirety of their income and renting which is much more subject to COLA increases.
A 3% raise at $120,000 (RPh) = $3600
A 3% raise at $40,000 (CPhT) = $1200
That delta more than absorbs a cost of living increase like food, gas, electricity, etc. A pharmacist is much more likely to save and also to have fixed housing costs (fixed mortgage) whereas a technician for example is likely spending the entirety of their income and renting which is much more subject to COLA increases.
Yep. The best way to ensure good raises is finding new jobs... I have stayed with my previous company for 9 years because I just liked it a lot, but it certainly did me no financial good (I finished 30% higher than I started...). The first time I switched jobs I got nearly 20% increase, this time I got 10% increase...Similar here.. maybe 0.5% over cost of living. This is why I have searched for a new job every 3 or so years. I've managed around 10-15% pay increases with each new job. Managed to increase my hourly rate by 50% from my first hospital job. I feel sorry for my old friends who never left and kept getting those 2-3% raises with no promotions in sight.
D
deleted205891
Federal employees are getting 2.6%+. Seems like pharmacists at our site are getting just the 2.6% as our "professional pay" as pharmacists is different from "locality pay", but I guess better than previous years. Trump really wants us to vote for him.
God these greedy pharmacists making 100k plus and still wanting more....
How about more pharmacy schools? Lol
How about more pharmacy schools? Lol
God these greedy pharmacists making 100k plus and still wanting more....
How about more pharmacy schools? Lol
Well people want at least a cost of living raises otherwise we just get eaten by inflation each year. Pharmacists are vastly overpaid though so I'm not complaining.
Raise? Bonus? Your continued employment is your bonus and your increased metrics are your raise.
2.5%
3.25%. Hospital had a system-wide increase 8 hour PTO increase as well.
Solid, what state if you don't mind?
Solid, what state if you don't mind?
Georgia. Salaries in the southeast are a good bit lower than other regions, so there's probably more room before hitting a "ceiling".
3.1% in base pay (but the salary is less than half of the going RPh civilian pay), ~1% increase in food stipend, and over 10% increase in housing allowance (which is great but still doesn't meet the BAH reg standard). DJT and the CG to thank respectively.
Got a house and some investments that may help with increasing my total asset value... but then my cars are devaluing faster than what i've built lol but no, no raise for me... just glad i have a job i enjoy.
Is cost of living cheaper there?Georgia. Salaries in the southeast are a good bit lower than other regions, so there's probably more room before hitting a "ceiling".
Is cost of living cheaper there?
GA Real Estate - Georgia Homes For Sale | Zillow
Zillow has 81721 homes for sale in Georgia. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.
The south east is looking better to me all the time.
my guess is Atlanta is typical city prices, then the rural area is well, typical southern rural - cheap and not desirable for many people (I live in another SE state that has similar housing) - expensive in my city, cheap if I want to drive 1 hr + to workGA Real Estate - Georgia Homes For Sale | Zillow
Zillow has 81721 homes for sale in Georgia. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place.www.zillow.com
The south east is looking better to me all the time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is cost of living cheaper there?
Yeah. While downtown's expensive, Atlanta has a large perimeter of cities are that well established and built-up. So 15-30 minutes drives from downtime are still desirable and affordable. Anything outside that perimeter is dirt cheap though.