Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Hard time choosing course!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kiddynamite914, Jul 30, 2015.

1. kiddynamite914

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    So recently I got permission from a professor to enroll in his Endocrine Physiology course. Its an 800 level class, full of graduates and few medical school students. The professor that teaches it is a faculty member at the university's medical school (teaches 1st year physiology) and also in the board for admissions. However, I have taken a Zoology course (600 level) that was more geared towards undergraduates. I really enjoyed the course and really enjoy Endocrinology. It led to such an interest that I decided to shadow an Endocrine Surgeon last month lol. With that said, if I take this more advanced Endocrine Physiology course will medical schools feel as if I am just trying to get A's since I got an A in the former endocrinology course?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. efle

efle not an elf
    Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This is going to come as a shock...many people take something called a "major" in which they take many related courses, and it looks great when they get all A's!

This actually sounds like a wonderful opportunity to stand out (and a great letter of rec opportunity if the prof is approachable). It will likely be very rigorous but since you enjoy the subject by all means you should sign up ASAP!