Hard times for Pfizer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BabyPsychDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it terrible that I find this hilarious? And unsurprising?

I took neurontin once. Two words: Snake oil.

WARNING: I'm on my "stringent ethical standards" soapbox today.

IMHO, Drug companies are private entities and have no legal or moral imperative requiring them to divulge anything other than incidents of real or potential harm to others, e.g. employee injuries and chemical spills into the community...

Unleeesssss...
they want government approval/licensing for something. Then they must be held accountable to reveal ALL the information on the subject. If they are found to have buried information, they should be fined on the order of $10,000 per enrolled subject in the entire project (every clinical study ever done on the molecule) and those found guilty of a pattern of withholding evidence or conspiracy to withhold evidence should be individually charged with a felony.

If I want to get a building permit, I can't refuse or neglect to show the inspector the electrical and plumbing work. That's the whole point of inspection and/or review.

It's kind of funny though how hard insurance co's came down on Neurontin in the past when now that it's generic, they're showing it the love. (Thinking of how they used to deny it for fibromyalgia rightly saying it didn't carry the indication. And now you can't get Lyrica, which does carry the indication, without a trial of gabapentin first.)