Hardest tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the Berk. Review Exam VI today and let me just say.... OUCH! Definitely the hardest I have taken yet. Usually when I take a practice test and look back over the answers i missed, I say "well, that makes sense" or "d'oh that was a stupid mistake on my part". As I looked back over this test (especially the bio) I was thinking "huh?", "wtf?" and "I am so screwed".

Members don't see this ad.

Cerb, I'm taking the Berkeley class. If you want, I can ask the guy who wrote it how that test compares with the real thing (he teaches many of the classes). I haven't taken Exam VI, yet, so I don't know.

Originally posted by UCLAstudent
Cerb, I'm taking the Berkeley class. If you want, I can ask the guy who wrote it how that test compares with the real thing (he teaches many of the classes). I haven't taken Exam VI, yet, so I don't know.

that would rock dude

Will do that next time I see him... just to make you feel better, some of the Berkeley tests are more realistic, while others are very hard. I know that tests 1 and 4 are very close to the actual thing, while tests 2 and 3 are extremely difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will do that next time I see him... just to make you feel better, some of the Berkeley tests are more realistic, while others are very hard. I know that tests 1 and 4 are very close to the actual thing, while tests 2 and 3 are extremely difficult.

I counted at least 6 problems on the BS section that I think are totally unrealistic. For instance this was a standalone question:

Which of the following amino acids is least likely to show a positive value for specific rotation?

a) Alanine
b) Glutamine
c) Glycine
d) Valine

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Cerberus
I counted at least 6 problems on the BS section that I think are totally unrealistic. For instance this was a standalone question:

Which of the following amino acids is least likely to show a positive value for specific rotation?

a) Alanine
b) Glutamine
c) Glycine
d) Valine

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Glycine is achiral :)

errr just to clarify-
I don't know that because I've memorized all side chains. That's one of the things that was highlighted as part of the Biochem Review for TPR.

Actually, that's a fair question. Glycine's side chain is simply an H, which gives it two hydrogens on its alpha carbon. Thus, it can't rotate light (just rewording what the person above me already stated).

Actually, that's a fair question. Glycine's side chain is simply an H, which gives it two hydrogens on its alpha carbon. Thus, it can't rotate light (just rewording what the person above me already stated).

thats great if you know the structure of glycine but since it wasnt included on the test and since biochem is not a prerequisite to the mcat I think it is bs.

Exam VIII is a tough one as well. I just finished going through that one tonight. *not panicking, not panicking... 8's are okay with a month left to go.....* +pissed+