This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CLight

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how online courses from Harvard Extension school are viewed for med school? I am looking at taking some courses through HE as refreshers so to speak. I already have the pre reqs for med school, but it has been a few years since I have taken them. I wasn't originally intending on med school while I was doing my undergraduate studies.

Members don't see this ad.

They are courses and nobody cares...as long as you do well. The courses are soft. I know a bunch of people who have done them.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are wanting to do pre req courses through Harvard extension online?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was going to start some online (I work full time for another semester - through December 2017). But then in 2018 I was thinking to attended classes in person. Do you think an online course work at HE is accepted?

They are courses and nobody cares...as long as you do well. The courses are soft. I know a bunch of people who have done them.

Great thank you. Do you know if med schools care if I take one or two pre reqs online? I am still tied into my job full time for the rest of this year.

Great thank you. Do you know if med schools care if I take one or two pre reqs online? I am still tied into my job full time for the rest of this year.

It does not matter as long as you excel. The source of this information is based on a few people I know who have taken prereq classes online here and did just fine with med school applications. You should be fine....it's not like you are taking 10 classes. 1-3 is fine.

I've spoken to a few DO schools regarding this (PCOM, UNECOM), both of which preferred in-class courses. Regardless... the degree to which it matters is not likely significant... the key is doing well in them. I will be taking some courses at HAE myself, fall 2017. Also... according to HAE, when you enroll in a class that is considered "online/in-person" and you only attend the course online... the course will not appear as "online" on your transcript. They do not differentiate this... meaning you can get away taking classes online if you really want to.