1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Harvard HST

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Incendiary, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Incendiary

Incendiary Fantabulous Member
    10+ Year Member

Has anyone heard anything from them? I just spoke to a girl who interviewed about two weeks ago. She said she got an email yesterday informing her she'd been accepted. (And no, I don't think she was lying.)

Anyone else?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

really?!!?!? that's crazy!
    for new pathway, they told us march 22

4. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

just called again, and she said that all decisions would be going out at the "end of the month" and that applicants would only be informed via snailmail. i dont know what happened with your friend; either her interviewer got excited or she's lying.

5. It makes sense that there would be different dates and notifications (e-mail vs. snail mail). The HST admissions process is completely separate from NP admissions. I interviewed for NP on the very last day and they told us we would receive notification by the end of the month via snail mail. Another important thing, the acceptance letters also come in a "thin" envelope. They said that last year, some people who were accepted didn't open their envelope because they thought it was a rejection letter!

6. Incendiary

10+ Year Member

Bad news. The accepted students list has been compiled. I suspect that if you didn't get an email from them yesterday (Tuesday), then you didn't get in. :(

Oh well, Duke, here I come! (maybe)

P.S. This is just for HST. New Pathway I don't know about.

7. a*gal

a*gal Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey everybuddy,
    Board newbie here...I just called the HST office and they say that "official" decisions have NOT been sent out and will be sent out with the NP decisions (as I thought) at the end of the month...both decisions usually come in one letter. If anyone else has heard from them i.e. those who got acceptances, can you please clarify?! Thx.

best,
    a*gal

8. Sir William Osler

Sir William Osler Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

incendiary usually knows his stuff, so i would assume that at least some decisions have been made and notified by email. hst is a smaller program so it's not comletely unbelievable that they would notify by email.

9. Incendiary

10+ Year Member

I know a bunch of people who have acceptances already. I am not one of them, but trust me, they've gone out.

10. Incendiary

10+ Year Member

BTW, Harvard decisions (both NP and HST are in the same letter) are being mailed out week of the 25th. So don't hold your breath on the 22nd.

Good luck to those waiting to hear. I'm just hoping I can even make the waitlist now...