Harvard NCRC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lukeocyte

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would adcoms view the Harvard NCRC? It's student-run (organized by Harvard undergrads) so I'm assuming its not very prestigious. I got accepted to present and I'm considering going if I can get my entire trip funded by campus student research office and my lab, but would something like this be worth mentioning on my application down the line?

Members don't see this ad.

I would include it if I were not a Harvard undergraduate (though if you were, that's fine). It doesn't hurt. Similar to other national conferences for undergrad research that I know of. It won't make your application a star.

Reactions: 1 user
I would include it if I were not a Harvard undergraduate (though if you were, that's fine). It doesn't hurt. Similar to other national conferences for undergrad research that I know of. It won't make your application a star.
Thanks for the response -- I'm leaning towards attending but the trek out to Boston would be a 5+ hour flight for me so I do want to make the most of the trip. Do you think its worth to network while I'm there, and if so, any suggestions on how to do so? Obviously I'll be meeting people at the conference but they'll most likely be on the research side of things. I'm also planning to ask my PI if he has any contacts in the area. Not sure who/what kind of person would be the best to reach out to if I decide to go to the cold-email route.

It would depend how long you were there and who you would be able to see who is interested in what you are doing. It's not that common that medical school admissions committee members show up at these events proclaiming their adcom roles. You probably would get department chairs or faculty who may think of you if you applied for masters or doctorate programs. But the best networking will be with people who work with our know your PI. Don't get me wrong because I think it would be a great experience anyway.