Harvard Podiatry Surgical Residency Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PmDawn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came across this:
Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA Residency PM&S-36) affiliated with Harvard Medical School.

http://www.challiance.org/podiatry_res/program_overview.shtml

Any feedback on this? Is it tough to get this residency? Pros? Cons?

Members don't see this ad.

Back in the day it was a very competitive program which represented the cream of the crop.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
-Shakespeare (R&J)

...word 'round the campfire is that it's not quiite an elite program, but it's better than most. Residency is an individual fit, though... visit and figure out for yourself. Disclaimer: the ego trip megalomaniac attendings (and residents) which is found at a lot of the New England programs will be a real turnoff for many ppl who take more of a 'people are people' stance and like to earn their respect with performance, not simly seniority.

PS, you should rly read Shem's 'House of God' novel if even consdering a New England program... or read it anyways, it's great.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Put in real big letters "completed residency at Harvard" on your practice advertisement and people will automatically think your the best podiatrist in town (which may or may not be true).

....at least thats my assumption

Put in real big letters "completed residency at Harvard" on your practice advertisement and people will automatically think your the best podiatrist in town (which may or may not be true).

....at least thats my assumption

Ya, there would be people flocking to a harvard podiatrist thinking that the podiatrist is in fact the best pod in the world. I guess it would be good business sense to go to this one.

I visited this program over the winter break last year and everyone was very nice. It seems like they are very academically focused so that is something to consider. The residents seemed very smart but not stuck up at all. I don't know if you can really call it "The Harvard" program because there are a couple residency programs in Boston which are affiliated with Harvard in some aspect. You should go visit for a couple days if you are interested. It was the first program I visited so I didn't have much to compare it to but I was put at ease right away even though I was nervous.