Harvard School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** The Official Harvard School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: Harvard School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My application was completed and verified June 27 and Harvard still has it as waiting for additional info. I know I have everything in and the fee paid. Anyone else in this boat?

My application was completed and verified June 27 and Harvard still has it as waiting for additional info. I know I have everything in and the fee paid. Anyone else in this boat?
This happened to me too! I emailed them about it and they updated my app to complete the same day.

Does anyone know how to submit an additional faculty recommendation letter? I received an email today that the only thing keeping my application from entering the review process is an additional recommendation letter.

Did anyone else's status just change from received/application complete to received/under review?

Hi everyone! Looks like the first interviews from last cycle were offered around 09/10. One more month!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I am interesting in applying to Harvard, but was looking to see if it would be worth the time considering my circumstances. I am from Georgia with a 3.91 sGPA 3.88 oGPA. I also have a 22AA with a 23 TS. I have lots of shadowing, performed a good amount of community service, and held many leadership positions. My main concern is my experience with community college. I obtained my degree from a 4 year university, but took roughly half of my courses at a community college during high school. I performed well during the time I was at this 2 year college, but did receive a B in my Biology 1 course. All of my pre-requisite courses where taken at the University I attended other than my Biology sequence and my English sequence. I'm super grateful for the opportunity that attending community college during high school afforded me because I was able to graduate with my Bachelors degree at 19, but I feel like this experience will not be look upon in a positive light at Harvard due to the stigmas of community college.

Hey guys, I am interesting in applying to Harvard, but was looking to see if it would be worth the time considering my circumstances. I am from Georgia with a 3.91 sGPA 3.88 oGPA. I also have a 22AA with a 23 TS. I have lots of shadowing, performed a good amount of community service, and held many leadership positions. My main concern is my experience with community college. I obtained my degree from a 4 year university, but took roughly half of my courses at a community college during high school. I performed well during the time I was at this 2 year college, but did receive a B in my Biology 1 course. All of my pre-requisite courses where taken at the University I attended other than my Biology sequence and my English sequence. I'm super grateful for the opportunity that attending community college during high school afforded me because I was able to graduate with my Bachelors degree at 19, but I feel like this experience will not be look upon in a positive light at Harvard due to the stigmas of community college.

Sounds like this should be a WAMC thread

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call to schedule an interview, I am SHAKING!!! Holy moly!!

Reactions: 10 users
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?
They are in my signature but in case you can't see it:

cGPA: 3.92 | sGPA: 3.90
DAT: 25AA | 23TS | 30 RC | 30 PAT

Submitted June 16

Hey guys! Does anyone know approximately how many applicants Harvard interviews per cycle?

Does anyone know the interview-acceptance rate?

Edit: I should say post-interview acceptance rate!
Hey guys! Does anyone know approximately how many applicants Harvard interviews per cycle?

I've been looking around myself but I can't seem to find this information. I'll link it if I come across it though!

I've been looking around myself but I can't seem to find this information. I'll link it if I come across it though!
Last years thread said they interview about 90-100 applicants

According to an excel sheet I came across on SDN (I believe it's based off of 2017's admissions cycle data):
1600796195130.png

1600796184665.png

1600796256777.png

1600796230355.png

Not sure how accurate this info is, since the source is not cited. After receiving an interview invite looks like the chances aren't too bad!!

Attachments

• 1600796158671.png
    1600796158671.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 198
According to an excel sheet I came across on SDN (I believe it's based off of 2017's admissions cycle data):
View attachment 318824
View attachment 318823

View attachment 318826
View attachment 318825

Not sure how accurate this info is, since the source is not cited. After receiving an interview invite looks like the chances aren't too bad!!
Isnt class size 25 or so? So this is saying that they offered 49 people spots over the entire cycle, so basically half of the offers they made got turned down?

Isnt class size 25 or so? So this is saying that they offered 49 people spots over the entire cycle, so basically half of the offers they made got turned down?

I think class size is 35 or so-- this is on their website:
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 1.48.00 PM.png

They are in my signature but in case you can't see it:

cGPA: 3.92 | sGPA: 3.90
DAT: 25AA | 23TS | 30 RC | 30 PAT

Submitted June 16
Congrats, that is amazing!!! What is the style of the interview, did they say?

Congrats, that is amazing!!! What is the style of the interview, did they say?

Thank you! I am still waiting on the official email from them- they said that it should arrive by the end of the day tomorrow, so I'll let you all know by then.

• Care
Congrats to those that received interview invites today!! Is anyone else's AADSAS status still at "Received/Application Complete"? For reference, my application has been complete since early-July, but my status hasn't ever changed to Received/Under Review. Anyone else in the same boat?

Congrats to those that received interview invites today!! Is anyone else's AADSAS status still at "Received/Application Complete"? For reference, my application has been complete since early-July, but my status hasn't ever changed to Received/Under Review. Anyone else in the same boat?
Mine says the same thing

I got the call but didn't pick it up because I didn't recognize the number :cryi::cryi::cryi: listened to the voicemail and realized I messed up...

I got the call but didn't pick it up because I didn't recognize the number :cryi::cryi::cryi: listened to the voicemail and realized I messed up...
Call them back! I’m sure it’s fine, congratulations!!

Just got an email confirming my interview, it is one-on-one conversational style with 2 separate adcoms. Informal student Q&A session on the Thursday of the week of your interview. They are booking interviews on Thursdays and Fridays from 11AM-4PM.

Supplemental questions are attached to the interview invite email.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email confirming my interview, it is one-on-one conversational style with 2 separate adcoms. Informal student Q&A session on the Thursday of the week of your interview. They are booking interviews on Thursdays and Fridays from 11AM-4PM.

Supplemental questions are attached to the interview invite email.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on the interview!!!Those of you who got an interview, do you mind telling me when you submitted your application?

Congrats on the interview!!!Those of you who got an interview, do you mind telling me when you submitted your application?
I submitted on June 16th or whatever the first day submissions were accepted was.

Is there no word limit on the supplemental application responses?

congratulation for HSDM interview invitation, may I ask two simple questions

1, Is the interview on site or remote?

2, I received the supplementary questions without interview invitation. Seems that you received the supplementary essays and the interview invitation at the same time, right?

Thank you and best wishes for you.

congratulation for HSDM interview invitation, may I ask two simple questions

1, Is the interview on site or remote?

2, I received the supplementary questions without interview invitation. Seems that you received the supplementary essays and the interview invitation at the same time, right?

Thank you and best wishes for you.
The interview is virtual. I received the supplementary essays with the email that confirmed my interview day & time.

Does anyone else's still say "Received/Application Complete"? I submitted in June

^ mine says the same. I also submitted in June. Mine changed to under review then back to application complete.

Mine has been app/complete since early july. has never changed to under review. Is it still possible they haven't opened my app?

Submitted in June. Mine turned to under review two weeks ago. Average stats

Reactions: 1 users