Harvard Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaryMo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a word limit on the space where you fill in information on what you have been doing since you graduated? I have been out for a few years and am not sure how much information to include. Should it be a list or a paragraph? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

MaryMo said:
Does anyone know if there is a word limit on the space where you fill in information on what you have been doing since you graduated? I have been out for a few years and am not sure how much information to include. Should it be a list or a paragraph? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I put one paragraph explaining each activity I did since graduation. It is about 900 characters total, although I haven't submitted yet.

I also am having some difficulty trying to figure out what to put there. I've had 3 significant jobs and one significant work-related volunteer activity since graduation. I could write a medium-sized application essay on each one if required.

I have no idea what "briefly summarize" is supposed to mean.

I also detailed these things in my AMCAS. Am I just supposed to copy and paste that information in there for them? That is the best "brief summary" I could come up with. That seems a little silly, but the question is pretty repetitive.

I'm also curious to know if there is a character limit.

I just sent an email to the admissions office. I asked about substituting for the non-science LOR (I'm a non-trad and don't really have anyone to write it.)

I also included the following:
"If possible, would you please elaborate on the level of detail you would like in the "brief summary" of my activities since graduation? Having graduated in 1996, I have three significant jobs and a significant work-related volunteer activity to describe. I am happy to elaborate on the information already provided in the activities section of my AMCAS application, but do not want to supply much more information than you would prefer."

I'll let you all know what I find out as soon as they respond.