Harvard Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WISC-ite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, what do they mean by this:

Although there is no application cutoff in terms of grad point average or MCAT scores, academic excellence is expected. The mean GPA of the students selected for admissions is 3.8, with a range that is broader. Similarly, the MCAT scores of the matriculants most commonly are in teh double digits with a range that includes scores in keeping withthe national average. We do take into consideration the level of courses taken when considering academic performance. In addition, a successful matriculant will have substantice out-of-classroom experience indicating humanitarian concerns, leadership potential, and an aptitiude for working with people.

Does this mean: If you don't have golden genitals don't bother!
Or does it mean: Heads up, be prepared for a quick rejection.
Or does it mean: Don't waste your valuble money or our valuble time unless you really think you gotta shot.

I have heard that the Harvard rejection letter is really brutal. It says something to the affect of not only didn't you get in this year, but nothing you do can change our decision in future application cycles.

Any advice would be great. I am an above average applicant, but without golden genitals.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

i would strongly suggest that you do nothing to make your own genitals golden - due mainly to the extreme heat of molten metal. i have no idea how others have managed this feat. just apply - and treat it like giving $75 to a bratty little cousin that you expect no returns from. if you do - you'll be surprised ... if not, screw 'em. ;)

-jot

lol, that was a good reply Jot. I think I am going to take that advice to the word. Thanks....... now time to write the brat a check.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha... golden genitals... that would be quite a sight eh?

a goldmember if you will? so - that ******ed character can get into harvard? damn, i feel slighted.;)

Originally posted by Dr. Dodger Dog
haha... golden genitals... that would be quite a sight eh?

would be? yes, I guess so. I'm cool with my diamond ones, though..

personally - I think my large brass pair has real character
:p

You only think you own em hunny:)

I applied to Haaaavad two years ago. The invitation to complete a secondary was the same as this years. The rejection letter, just for the curious, is as follows:

{Harvard letterheaad}

Dear Mr. Adcadet:

With sincere regret, I must report that the Committee on Admissions has completed its selection of the class entering in September 2001 and has not been able to offer you a place.

We were most grateful to have received applications from so many students like you with excellent intellectual and personal qualities. This year, over 5.000 students applied for the 165 places in the first year class at Harvard Medical School. With so many more talented and highly qualified candidates than we could admit or even interview, the Committee on Admissions faced a very difficult task.

Although you may be disappointed, my personal wish for you is that you find the fulfillment studying medicine at another fine medical school.

We thank you for applying to Harvard, and we send you our very best wishes for a successful career.

Sincerely,
(signed)
Jules L. Dienstag, M.D.
JLD:qd
{rabbit urine stain}

that rejection letter doesn' t sound harsh at all