This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raesel

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I’m currently trying to decide which dental school I’d like to go to and I was wondering if any dental students could share their experiences. I’m in a unique position where I’ve received scholarships from a majority of the schools. UNC is my state school and they have given me the largest scholarship. UCLA and UF have given me scholarships that allow me to have in-state status my first year. Harvard doesn’t share financial information until later in the cycle which gives me a little anxiety given the high price tag.

I want to go to a dental school that will allow me to be a great clinician and give me a chance to explore the specialities (high match rates). I would also love to go to a school with a strong support system/ social network, many volunteer opportunities, and that won’t put me in loads of debt.

Thank you for any advice you can share with me!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I’m currently trying to decide which dental school I’d like to go to and I was wondering if any dental students could share their experiences. I’m in a unique position where I’ve received scholarships from a majority of the schools. UNC is my state school and they have given me the largest scholarship. UCLA and UF have given me scholarships that allow me to have in-state status my first year. Harvard doesn’t share financial information until later in the cycle which gives me a little anxiety given the high price tag.

I want to go to a dental school that will allow me to be a great clinician and give me a chance to explore the specialities (high match rates). I would also love to go to a school with a strong support system/ social network, many volunteer opportunities, and that won’t put me in loads of debt.

Thank you for any advice you can share with me!
UNC, no question...

Reactions: 6 users
1. Won’t put you in loads of debt- unc. 2 statistically highest match rates- harvard then ucla (may be because more apply each year, but p/f is a plus)

Reactions: 1 users
Now that I think about it though, unc had one of the highest match rates for a public program.

Reactions: 3 users
Reading your post I think you already know you want to go to UNC. I wouldn't go to Harvard if clinic is critical to you, and you'll save money at UNC to boot!

Reactions: 2 users