Has AMCAS made any egregious errors on your application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.who

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
About a month and a half ago AMCAS finally verified my application. As I looked at some of my stats, a big "HOLY COW" erupted in my mind, and I immediately recognized the mistake AMCAS had made in my favor. I won't go into details on SDN, but suffice it to say that AMCAS totally hooked me up and I probably could have gotten away with it. (I don't think schools would have known it was a mistake.) In any event, I called the next day and reported the error. When I called AMCAS to correct it, the guy I spoke to said, "Oh my gosh, whoever verified this must have been drunk when they did it!" I forced a laugh, but was mostly in pain for having given up such good stats. And I'm still trying to figure out how it actually went so awry. Now my application is the real, genuine me...not quite as competitive as the AMCAS-botched one, but at least one that allows me to sleep at night.

Anyone else experience any funniness with their AMCAS verification?

Members don't see this ad.

suffice to say i think that you are a complete *****....u idio:sleep: t

Members don't see this ad :)
suffice to say i think that you are a complete *****....u ideat

Well, even if he is an idiot, he's an idiot who can spell.

PS to the OP: I don't think you are an idiot. I know it sucks to give up something like that, but I think what you did was VERY honorable.

Well, even if he is an idiot, he's an idiot who can spell.

PS to the OP: I don't think you are an idiot. I know it sucks to give up something like that, but I think what you did was VERY honorable.

I think the word "ideat" is from Ren & Stimpey.

Hey OP,

Not only did you do the right thing, but you potentially saved yourself from getting into a LOT of trouble. I'm pretty sure that most schools ask you to send in your original college transcripts once you're accepted and before you matriculate. If your transcripts didn't match your AMCAS- and if you could reasonably have been expected to notice the error- your acceptance would have been seriously jeapordized.

So sleep well tonight, secure in the knowledge that schools probably would have found about about the error, anyway.

Frogs

Thanks y'all.

Froggie, that's actually really good to know. I don't think I could've walked into an interview with big mistakes on my application anyway.

I'm curious though. How often does AMCAS mess up? I'd imagine the errors people actually report are usually in the other direction -- when they accidentally downgrade people.

Anyone else out there see problems on their apps that they had to correct?

AMCAS screwed up my app actually- only they made an error for the worse. They posted my BCPM at 3.41, when it was actually 3.46. Suck.

Frogs

now you have something to write about for those moral/ethical dilemma secondary questions. :)

wow..i am the idiot who can't spell, k, and that was just my opinion, but now that i'm in a better mood, i think u did the right thing 2