Has any DOs here applied for or renewed a florida license recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1100659

Im trying to find out of TRI (traditional rotating internship) is still required for DOs to apply for osteopathic physician license in florida...Everywhere ive read online, says its not required...but when you try to fill out the applicaiton online, it asks if you completed it, and if you put no states you dont meet requirements..so very confused...

Members don't see this ad.

Contact the licensing body. Online applications may not be updated to reflect most states have abolished TRI. Maybe they define intern year as equivalent to TRI? Even when TRI was required, you could get a waiver letter accepting an ACGME intern year. I don't recall the name of the waiver letter, but again, the licensing body can help.

Contact the licensing body. Online applications may not be updated to reflect most states have abolished TRI. Maybe they define intern year as equivalent to TRI? Even when TRI was required, you could get a waiver letter accepting an ACGME intern year. I don't recall the name of the waiver letter, but again, the licensing body can help.
So I was able to call them but the lady couldnt find anything about it and wasnt sure what to do...she gave me number for other people but theyre impossible to get ahold of...

the waiver process would have to spend a good bit of money on random AOA CMEs or make a PP, get it approved, then give it to my old residency program, then submit a list of attendance, so 20 random steps, lol.

Even directly on the website on the requirements theres nothing that says its required which is the interesting thing...just dont want my application to get denied so its confusing

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried applying recently and got all the way through their app. I didn’t apply as their telehealth registration works for my purposes for now but they didn’t require the TRI. I did see a mention of it tucked away on their web site but not on the actual app and it has fully gone away officially. Pennsylvania I think is the only one left with something extra to do
Attached a screen shot posted to a word doc- this is where im getting stuck at/confused

@claypigeon

Attachments

• pic1223.docx
    819 KB · Views: 57
Im trying to find out of TRI (traditional rotating internship) is still required for DOs to apply for osteopathic physician license in florida...Everywhere ive read online, says its not required...but when you try to fill out the applicaiton online, it asks if you completed it, and if you put no states you dont meet requirements..so very confused...
I don't think its required anymore. Per the website requirements: "Successful completion of an internship or a residency of not less than 12 months in a program accredited by the American Osteopathic Association or the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. This requirement may be waived for an applicant who matriculated in a college of osteopathic medicine during or before 1948."

Basically when it asks did you complete a rotating internship, I suspect that its asking if you completed an internship at all (i.e. first 12 months of training at your program).

I don't think its required anymore. Per the website requirements: "Successful completion of an internship or a residency of not less than 12 months in a program accredited by the American Osteopathic Association or the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. This requirement may be waived for an applicant who matriculated in a college of osteopathic medicine during or before 1948."

Basically when it asks did you complete a rotating internship, I suspect that its asking if you completed an internship at all (i.e. first 12 months of training at your program).
yep confirmed this by calling them. It is a bit confusing, I always associated traditional rotating internship with AOA

Reactions: 1 user