Has anybody else made an error on their PTCAS app after e-submitting?

Started by dtones
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dtones

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just realized I made a mistake on my essay!!! I was in a hurry to submit before the OCT 1 deadline of one of the PT programs that I was applying to and I wrote the name of the PT program in the essay. I thought that I could go back and later customize the essay to every program that I was planning on applying to. I thought that the option to customize the essay portion of the application was still available as it was last application cycle. I feel dumb because under the essay box in small fine print it says you can't edit the essay after you e-submit. Has anyone made a similar mistake? And if so did the PTCAS allow corrections to be made???
 
Try calling them or emailing their customer service department, I remember them being very helpful. Just remember that they are on EST, if you aren't on the east coast.

I think that they don't actually send out the applications until a week or two after you submit, because I had some problems with mine and they told me the information I needed to enter in, even after the deadline passed.
 
So if I e-submit my application on ptcas like a week or a half a week before the schools deadline, am I going to miss the deadline even though I submitted it on ptcas on time?
 
No, I didn't mean to confuse you about that. The deadline is the deadline and submitting it a week and a half before or on the day of the deadline is the same thing.