Has anybody received any interviews recently? In the last week or so?

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
If you did can you list the school...im hoping NYCOM is on that list!!

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
Status (Visible)
amox: Can I ask why you're trying to apply while you are still talking about taking your mcats? Just curious.

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
I sent in applications really late and im planning on taking the mcats agan in april if I don't get in....which is probably gonna happen due to my late applications....I scored a 25 on the mcat...im looking at PCOM, NYCOM, NJ, and UNE......im not sure if the 25 is strong enough for those schools. I have a 3.9 undergrad gpa in business.

About the Ads

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
Amoxicillin, I think your best shot is NYCOM. They interview till May and their class is huge. Good luck.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
Status (Visible)
Amox: You have a very good gpa. Why do you want to limit yourself to the school you are going to be attending for the next four years just because you are applying very late in the game? My suggestion, take your mcats again, and reapply next year to the school you really want to attend.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
do you think a 25 is still too low to get me into say PCOM or NYCOM if I re-apply without taking them? I just don't want to get a lower score...then I have no idea how i will be viewed as.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2003
NY, NY
Status (Visible)
Probably not, you should be viewed as very competitive granted that you are more than just grades and mcat (these will just get your foot in the door). Just don't compromise on a school that you will be attending for 4 years simply because you are late in applying. You could end up miserable just because it was your only option.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
i agree with you completely....but NYCOM is an interest of mine so if I get in that is great. If I don't, i'll hopeuflly do better come april and have my stuff ready by JUne.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.