1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Has anyone been rejected by SLU post-interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ScreenName, Apr 26, 2004.

1. ScreenName

ScreenName Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

From the forums I have read, it seems that everyone who interviews with the school is eith accepted or placed on the waitlist. Has anyone received a post-interview rejection from SLU?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Lion-O

Lion-O Sight beyond sight.
    7+ Year Member

Not me. :) From what my interviewer told me, they have a hard time retaining people who get accepted to their states schools. What's funny is that she's right--if I get accepted to my state school, I'll go there, otherwise I'll probably go to SLU.

4. sharkhy

sharkhy Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I was lucky enough to be granted that honor. It was my first interview and I was crazy-nervous! :(

5. mikedc813

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree that I haven't heard of many people being rejected post-interview since so many people turn down SLU. I personally don't see SLU as such a great school that I would pay $50K+ a year to attend when my state school (USF) is a quality place already. If it was Harvard, yes, but SLU no. Don't get me wrong, SLU seemed like a good school but it's just not worth the price tag.

6. zig

zig Junior Member

not me, it's alternate list hell for me at slu too. what's up with keeping the rankings on the alt list confidential?!

7. UseUrHeadFred

UseUrHeadFred Oh no! It's a Wumpus!
    5+ Year Member

Everything changes when med school is being paid for by others. Sometimes the military option doesn't seem so bad.