Has anyone been rejected by UCI post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In an attempt to further gauge my chances, I would like to know if everyone and their mom is placed on the alternate list.

Please post with any information, please! :D

Members don't see this ad.

supposedly there is a fairly high turnover rate from the waitlist...i heard that from a lot of the current students on interview day.

Hi Spitting Camel,

from reading these threads, i see how much you want to go to UCI. I really hope you get in!!! oh and i like your name, it reminds me of aladdin for some reason. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
alternate list for me.
yeah i'm wondering how long this alt list is.

spaz said:
alternate list for me.
yeah i'm wondering how long this alt list is.

very very long!

docmemi said:
very very long!

I think that's messed up if everyone that's not accepted is an alternate. So, the person who says he's an angel of death and will use medicine to selectively terminate the lives of the suffering will be placed in the same pile as myself? That is just way wrong people! Or is it... :smuggrin:

Spitting Camel said:
I think that's messed up if everyone that's not accepted is an alternate. So, the person who says he's an angel of death and will use medicine to selectively terminate the lives of the suffering will be placed in the same pile as myself? That is just way wrong people! Or is it... :scared:

well obviously hell be at the bottom, but they will never admit that. i think they say its "unranked" ...yea right!

Mr Reddly said:
As far as I know, there have been atleast 38 active SDNers interviewed at UCI
17 were accepted, 13 became alternates, and 8 are unknowns.

Of those 38, I think there are 22 (23 if docmemi is leaning more towards la/usc) who either have withdrawn or are, in my mind, likely to withdraw.

Also, shanddallar (HEY! T.O.! COOL!!! Brickhouse is from here too!) had made the following comment about UCSD
I have a feeling UCI is like this. And, it makes sense that the schools would be similar.

i love how you are counting. i hope you get in!!!

i called last week and the mean lady said that the alternate list becomes the waiting list...they do not make a new list. :(

Speaking of a mean lady...

I called to see if my update letter had reached the office and she said "Well, did you get it via return mail?"

I was shocked! All I could say was "uh, no." And after she reluctantly went to check, I stopped her before she hung up and said "I'm sorry if this was an inconvenience to you."

I know I know, I ACTUALLY apologized for her having to do her job! That is the ONLY negative thing I have had happen during this app process. And with UCI!

wow, sorry about your not-so-great experiences in dealing with the UCI adm office....every time i called they were super helpful and when i emailed they had been fairly quick to respond...must have run into someone who was just having a bad day....

I got the uci alternate list around mid april. Definately hoping that there is a lot of waitlist movement. UCI is the only cali school that i got an interview to and is my first choice right now. Got waitlisted at Drexel and jefferson and rejected post interview from OHSU and UIC. I think einstein reviewed my file this week so hopefully i'll hear from them soon.

The land of waitlist aint so fun. :(

i hear ya, angstrom. it's hard not knowing what i'll be doing come august. and i really don't want to have to go through this whole process again.

Considering UCI's interview process, I'm thinking movement won't occur until after the 15th. They seem to do everyone only once a month or once every two weeks, so I doubt that they are actively reviewing applications or dealing with withdrawals.

Bump everything again in two weeks though!