Has anyone called a school that has not given you an interview invite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blump

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be in a city for another interview and dont have the money to come back later on. Do you think it is rude to call a school and be like,"Hey, i am broke, are you going to interivew me or what because i cant afford a flight to come back here?"

Members don't see this ad.

There are a gazillion threads about this, try doing a search.

Just call. I did and it worked.

cammy1313 said:
There are a gazillion threads about this, try doing a search.

Just call. I did and it worked.

sorry, couldnt find a thread, im not an sdn expert. Thanks for the response though, so did you jsut call them and ask," Will I have interview?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Just calle 'em up and ask about the status of your app. Then mention that you will be in the area and would like to coordinate something with the school should you be granted an interview. When I did it the admissions person told me to send them an e-mail with the dates I'd be in town and they would see what they could do. Of course, they didn't make any promises but it all worked out.

i wish i had done that. i am having to shell out lots of cash to go back to cities i've already been too :mad:
oh well... apps have already drained my savings, what's another couple hundred? :oops:

Yes, several times.

yposhelley said:
Yes, several times.

thanks cammy! I appreciate your help