SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Has anyone done this?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Drako, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Drako

Drako Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern CA
    Has anyone tried to use a printer with their secondary and the printer made a mess on one of the pages? Did you call the school and request another secondary or just that one page that you messed up on? This happens to me tonight and am thinking of calling the school in the morning to ask for that one specific page be mailed to me again, but am not sure if I should. Either way, I am in a bit of a tight spot! Darn printer! It performed perfectly on the test sheet too! :(

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    Haven't had it happen, but if it did, I'd just call and ask for a new page (or the whole secondary, whichever is easier for them). I really don't think they'll care. By the way, which school's secondary was this, so we can beware? Had you run other pages through your printer without incident?

4. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 27, 2000
    this happened to me once. but before i put anything in the printer i always make copies of it at kinkos for backup. the ones that you can't put in your printer are the ones with color--it bleeds when the printer gets hot.

5. Drako

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern CA
    It was the U of Pitt secondary. Specifically the Require Course Work page (or whatever its name is!) I ran all the other pages through the printer without any problem. I tested this particular page three times before sending the real thing through the printer. You know that saying, "measure twice, cut once." I measured thrice, printed once and I still ran into trouble! LOL I could only laugh at my printer at present. Later this morning, I am going to make a phone call to UPitt and beg for another page! Will post result and/or their answer. Good night!

6. Drako

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern CA
    Petros, so how did you solve your problem? U Pitt secondary is pretty custom made. Haven't tried, but I doubt Kinkos could reproduce that darn thing without faults. And I did made photocopy of the pages and ran those pages through my printer (a laser) to test. All 3 times came out perfect, till the last one, which was real! Grrrrrrrrrr

7. Drako

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern CA
    UPitt is sending me another package! Wooohoooo!