Has ANYONE ever gotten into PT school with a D?

Started by puggle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

puggle

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be retaking CHEMISTRY I & II, PHYSICS I & II this upcoming Summer and Fall (even though I just received my bachelors degree), but wanted to know if it's even possible of getting into PT school if I don't have the time to retake one of those courses (which I have received a D in).

If I receive A's in 3 out of 4 of these courses, it will boost my pre-req GPA to a 3.0+, but of course, there is that one D...
 
no school will look at you. if they set a min grade requirements then you must meet the requirement for them to even look at your application. same goes with GRE and GPA. a 149 is not a 150 and a C- is not a C. getting a C is already bad enough if its a pre req. and if you're retaking classes then you should only apply to schools that do grade forgiveness and not those that average the grades together.

TTUHSC DPT class of 2017
 
No there is no chance. The minimum grade you can get in any pre-req is a C. A D might as well be an outstanding pre-requisite. You must retake the class in which you have a D.