Has anyone ever thought about....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pathstudent

Sound Kapital
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
asking the programs ranked below your matched program where they ranked you and would you have matched there had you not matched into your higher program?

Of course it doesn't matter? But the information is out there.

Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Since they are in the same field as you (the applicant), you probably would not want to pester them with such an inquiry, as interesting as it may be!

I'd rather focus on my ETOH tolerance on those precious 2 months before the ACLS and orientation.

Good Luck!

I'm definitely very curious about whether or not I would have matched into my #2 program, my home school. Throughout fourth year, I think that I've been getting bad vibes from the PD and some of the chiefs, I don't think that they like me for some reason. I think that the chairperson does like me, he told me that he wanted to see me stay when I met with him, but the PD was definitely a lot more iffy when I met with her, instead focusing on how competetive past applicants who have managed to match have been and how a lot of people from my school want to stay. On match day, the PD came over to congratulate a group of us, and then jokingly asked the classmate who was sitting next to me who is also going to IM whether or not she could talk him into staying at our school. When she asked me where I matched, she just asked if I was happy with the match though. I wish that there was some tactful way of asking, but I was talking to one of my classmates, and he convinced me that there wasn't, and he agreed with my previous poster too, to just be happy with where you matched, especially since you ranked it higher then the program that you are wondering about.