Has anyone gotten any interview requests yet? for the 2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ymikael

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my MCAT on July 22nd I got all the secondaries and I'm worried that I'm taking it too late for the 2018 cycle. I was just wondering if anyone received interview requests from MD schools

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get my first interview invite until mid August, for a September interview. I've also had interview invites that came later in the cycle-even in January-that resulted in an acceptance. I've also heard of stories like this from others. You'll be fine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your replies guys! Got my hopes up :)

I'm taking my MCAT on July 22nd I got all the secondaries and I'm worried that I'm taking it too late for the 2018 cycle. I was just wondering if anyone received interview requests from MD schools

Best not to worry about other people/yourself getting interviews at this point homie. Now, get off SDN and do a practice MCAT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Your score would not come back until mid Sept and that is when schools will first put you in queue for initial screen then get screened and/or get secondary set, fill secondary and return, have all LORs in place, and then only get in queue for evaluation. By that time it is past October 1st, likely October past Oct 15th, so by the time you get evaluated, then reviewed by the committee, it would be late for decreasing number of interview slots.

My standard line for being complete by Sept 30 is based on the assumption that applicants have a reasonable normal time frame for items prior
Thank you for the response. My letters are all in place, the pre-health committee is waiting for my exam scores to send them out. My primary will be submitted before the beginning of August as well, although I know my application will be put to the side until my letters and scores are in. My transcripts were also received earlier this month. If I submit my secondaries within a week after I receive them, will it still be reasonably late? I'm interested in DO as well.