Has anyone gotten into MD schools with 503 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The AMCAS will have reapplicant on it and will automatically bring up old application in system. BING! Before I even read anything I know you have been rejected by my school and likely by 10-20 others. You get evaluated on AMCAS and secondary BEFORE you get interviewed. At any individual school, 80% of the overall applicant base is rejected prior to II. At this school, 55% generally are for Instate. Now add low MCAT, late application, and dwindling interview slots. I would say maybe a 15% chance of II with those 3 strikes

Do you mean the OP has a 15% chance at an II applying now? How much do you think II chances decrease with the ensuing re-app status next year (assuming everything else is good and on time)?

Why do schools assume that someone applied to 10-20 schools? They can't see that on a previous AMCAS app that a person applied to only one school?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean the OP has a 15% chance at an II applying now? How much do you think II chances decrease with the ensuing re-app status next year (assuming everything else is good and on time)?

Why do schools assume that someone applied to 10-20 schools? They can't see that on a previous AMCAS app that a person applied to only one school?
That question is impossible to answer because you have to looks at stats school by school. All one can say is that a candidate is competitive for a range of schools.

No, schools never ever know about any other school that anyone has applied to. They only know of acceptances
I've been asked by multiple interviewers in TMDSAS system why I applied to x school. That may be true of amcas but evidently - and quite uncomfortably at times - not tmdsas

Members don't see this ad :)
The OP stated that IS II rate is 45%. With the strikes against him from late applying with a below average MCAT and dwindling interview slots currently, I would say that that cuts his/her chances to 1/3 hence my 15% guess. Being a reapplicant with same or similar score would make him/her below average for next year as a reapplicant at this state school and being a reapplicant at your top choice is just an added risk you do not need.

What if they drastically improve the score? How much of a score increase would you say is needed to overshadow the re-app risk?