Has anyone gotten secondaries from Duke, Wake Forest or Vanderbilt yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedicalstudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious because my primary app got verified August 4th, and I've got other secondaries from schools that screen and don't screen. But I haven't gotten anything from Duke at all! And I havent gotten secondaries from Vanderbilt (it's been 1 week since they notified me saying my verified app was recieved) or Wake Forest (it's been 4 days since they sent me verified app receipt conformation).

Has anyone else received anything from Duke, Wake Forest or Vanderbilt?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools send secondaries in batches, so I wouldn't worry if you don't get one immediately. It took almost a month to get one from Wake Forest after I was verified. For Duke, I got one immediately, but I was verified pretty early. Just sit tight. I'm sure you'll get them in the next 2-3 weeks or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Most schools send secondaries in batches, so I wouldn't worry if you don't get one immediately. It took almost a month to get one from Wake Forest after I was verified. For Duke, I got one immediately, but I was verified pretty early. Just sit tight. I'm sure you'll get them in the next 2-3 weeks or so.
Ok.
But WOW. You've gotten 8 interviews already??? Did you do early decision?

Ok.
But WOW. You've gotten 8 interviews already??? Did you do early decision?

No. I didn't do early decision. That requires that you only apply to one school until 10/1, which is a gamble I was not willing to take with my borderline stats. I just made sure my primary was submitted early and that secondary turnaround time was <24 hrs. That probably helped out a lot because I didn't have to compete with much more superior applicants that would be applying later.

No. I didn't do early decision. That requires that you only apply to one school until 10/1, which is a gamble I was not willing to take with my borderline stats. I just made sure my primary was submitted early and that secondary turnaround time was <24 hrs. That probably helped out a lot because I didn't have to compete with much more superior applicants that would be applying later.
Less than 24 hours???
Wow.
Alrighty, now i have to go finish my secondaries.

Less than 24 hours???
Wow.
Alrighty, now i have to go finish my secondaries.

Prewriting basically saved my life. 90% of the time, it was just proofreading, copying, pasting, and submitting.

Reactions: 1 users
Wake and Vandy pre-screen.

Duke does not but was one of the last secondaries I received.

9 interviews already man...dang that's impressive. do you have an mdapps profile/mind sharing your stats? :)

9 interviews already man...dang that's impressive. do you have an mdapps profile/mind sharing your stats? :)

517, 3.3cgpa, 4.0 postbacc, nontraditional URM. No mdapps. My signature is pretty much it.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious because my primary app got verified August 4th, and I've got other secondaries from schools that screen and don't screen. But I haven't gotten anything from Duke at all! And I havent gotten secondaries from Vanderbilt (it's been 1 week since they notified me saying my verified app was recieved) or Wake Forest (it's been 4 days since they sent me verified app receipt conformation).

Has anyone else received anything from Duke, Wake Forest or Vanderbilt?
Check your spam filter for the Duke secondary. Out of all 29 schools I applied to, Duke's was the only secondary that ended up in my spam folder.

Check your spam filter for the Duke secondary. Out of all 29 schools I applied to, Duke's was the only secondary that ended up in my spam folder.
OMG! It was in my spam folder! Thank you!!!

Damn it!! they sent it 8 days ago and it's been in my spam folder for 8 days!!!! :mad:

Do you know of any other schools besides the UC's who do this? I have applied to both of these programs, but after doing a little bit better on my AMCAS verified GPA and MCAT, I wouldn't mind testing the limit a little bit and adding a couple of the higher tier schools. I just don't want to spend $125 on the secondary and do all of those essays if I don't even have a shot if that makes sense. I am fine with spending the $38 as a "try-out" essentially so I know that if I get a secondary, it's definitely worth my time and money to do it even though it is a little bit later in the cycle.

MSAR lists whether schools screen or not.

UCSF is another school with a notoriously vigorous screening for secondaries.

What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?