Has anyone heard from UMDNJ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agabs0627

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. just wondering if anyone received any feedback from UMDNJ recently. My interview was post Dec 1st and I still haven't heard anything...

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed early Dec, still nothing.

bump anymore upcoming UMDNJ interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
@wired, I was told by someone in admissions that UMDNJ will be conducting interviews all through Feb

@wired, I was told by someone in admissions that UMDNJ will be conducting interviews all through Feb

That's good at least we get some glimmer of hope :)

I interviewed the first Friday of December.
I called the admission today and the lady said they're posting the update on ADEA website
tomorrow! So I'm guessing we'll know either tomorrow or the day after if the website lags a bit

thank you for the update kwonjunsoo! i hope your right!

Rejected yesterday without an interview.

rejection on the 30th also (no interview)

also rejected. I think UMDNJ is nuts this year. Looking at all the people they rejected it seems like they just picked all NJ residents regardless of the qualifications. If someone with Sisero's stats get rejected then there is no hope for us all lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
also rejected. I think UMDNJ is nuts this year. Looking at all the people they rejected it seems like they just picked all NJ residents regardless of the qualifications. If someone with Sisero's stats get rejected then there is no hope for us all lol.

lol not true. i'm even in a dental school class at umdnj, and i got rejected. FAIL

i wonder if anyone got rejected WITH an interview.. seems like they only rejected those that havent interviewed yet

I called the admission today and the lady said they're posting the update on ADEA website
tomorrow! So I'm guessing we'll know either tomorrow or the day after if the website lags a bit
i interviewed the 3rd friday of december, i hope they post our update :scared:

Are they going to send an email about their decision too or just updating the AADSAS website? thanks

Yup same here. And to top it off I got my Masters from UMDNJ. :rolleyes:

wow! and i was just thinking about applying to their masters program if I dont make it in this cycle...im surprised they didnt give you an interview at least.

wow! and i was just thinking about applying to their masters program if I dont make it in this cycle...im surprised they didnt give you an interview at least.

apply to the masters prog if things don't go well. umdnj may hate on their own, but other schools definitely view it as a big + if you do well in the masters program.

every applicant is different. i don't see why they would reject someone for not having a full year of grades (such as myself) or someone who has completed the program like ghost. just my 2 cents.

you finished the program and still didn't get in? :eek:

what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking? and are you in state?

UMDNJ's masters program is a great program that has helped a lot of people get into medical and dental schools. What it will NOT do is give you any sort of advantage for getting into NJDS if you are out-of-state unless your undergraduate grades alone were good enough to get in already. I'm pretty sure this program doesn't make a difference at all for OOS students, even if you take every single one of their dental school courses and finish with a 4.0. For in-state, I hear it can help you out a lot. For out-of-state, I'm almost certain it doesn't.

This is not to bash the program, it's a great program. It's just the nature of the admissions process and the fact that it's a state school. The admissions people will tell you the same thing as well when/if you meet with them while you're in the program.

If you're planning on doing the UMDNJ program as an OOS student solely because you think it will give you a better shot at getting into NJDS, don't... it won't help no matter how great your performance is in the program. If you're planning on doing the program so you can improve your credentials for the next cycle and prepare yourself for dental school, then go for it.

Last edited:
UMDNJ's masters program is a great program that has helped a lot of people get into medical and dental schools. What it will NOT do is give you any sort of advantage for getting into NJDS if you are out-of-state unless your undergraduate grades alone were good enough to get in already. I'm pretty sure this program doesn't make a difference at all for OOS students, even if you take every single one of their dental school courses and finish with a 4.0. For in-state, I hear it can help you out a lot. For out-of-state, I'm almost certain it doesn't.

This is not to bash the program, it's a great program. It's just the nature of the admissions process and the fact that it's a state school. The admissions people will tell you the same thing as well when/if you meet with them while you're in the program.

If you're planning on doing the UMDNJ program as an OOS student solely because you think it will give you a better shot at getting into NJDS, don't... it won't help no matter how great your performance is in the program. If you're planning on doing the program so you can improve your credentials for the next cycle and prepare yourself for dental school, then go for it.

Yup, predent1999 is right. I'm an OOS so I knew before I entered the masters program, that it would not help me THAT much to get into NJDS. I picked this program more so to give me a better shot with all dental schools. However, I was surprised I didn't even get an interview but I've heard it's extremely hard to get an invite as an OOS. I do know some people who did the Masters program and then decided to become in-state residents and they HAVE gotten interviews.

you finished the program and still didn't get in? :eek:

what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking? and are you in state?

20AA, 3.8 in the Masters program. Applied late, aadsas sent end of sept (23rd)

Also I should add, I was an OOS. So I knew beforehand my chances weren't too high to get into the NJDS. But the program helped me overall since I've gotten into my in-state school and I've completed 3 interviews with 2 more upcoming. Don't hold out too much hope if you are in the program and really want to go there but are an OOS. But the program will really help your application overall.

Read my above post, but the program was great. I hope you get in this cycle but if you don't, hit me up on PM and I'll provide you more info about the masters program. Overall, helped out a lot.

20AA, 3.8 in the Masters program. Applied late, aadsas sent end of sept (23rd)

Also I should add, I was an OOS. So I knew beforehand my chances weren't too high to get into the NJDS. But the program helped me overall since I've gotten into my in-state school and I've completed 3 interviews with 2 more upcoming. Don't hold out too much hope if you are in the program and really want to go there but are an OOS. But the program will really help your application overall.

ohhh ok, yea being OOS would explain that then. well i'm glad to hear about your acceptance and interview invites.

btw, which dental school courses (if any) did you take?

I interviewed post dec and still haven't heard anything...anyone in the same boat?

interviewed post dec 1,

just received a waitlist email this morning :(

also get waitlist this morning ..I wonder how big their waitlist is

Waitlisted this morning. I called and according to the sec the class isn't full and there are no more interviews.:xf:

fingers crossed...hoping for the best.

yup- just checked. wait-list it is. :(

Interviewed 1/27, got waitlisted today.

Interviewed 12/16, waitlisted today, dunno wtf thats about.

my stats were well above and beyond what they wanted and I'm positive I nailed the interview. I am a NY resident though.

how many people get put on the wait list? anyone know?

interviewed in December.. also waitlisted today =/

how many people get put on the wait list? anyone know?

Well 8 people seem to have gotten waitlisted today and I know that my close friend got waitlisted. No one posted in the "2016 ****The Ofiicial UMDNJ Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****" that they were waitlisted. Also, 6 people on predents got waitlisted on Dec 1st. So we know that at least 15 have been waitlisted.

Im starting to think that their class was full after Dec 1st, so we all interviewed for a spot on the waitlist. that is good news, at least we arent denied :)

so basically the kids who interviewed in January were either waitlisted or rejected. Makes sense. Now we can only wait and hope.

I dont know if the class is exactly full. The class of 2016 facebook group only has 43 members. And some of them are D2s. Unless 47 people didn't join the fb group (highly unlikely since everyone is on facebook), there should be some spots still available. :)

Im starting to think that their class was full after Dec 1st, so we all interviewed for a spot on the waitlist. that is good news, at least we arent denied :)

If thats true, those people are ****ing scumbags. I had people in my interview group that flew in all the way from Florida, one from Cali and a few from the surrounding states. I had to take off work and spend probably $100 to attend that interview. If theyre gonna make you interview for the waitlist, they should explicitly state it in the interview invite.

Again, not saying what you said is true, but if it is, **** them

I don't think that's true at all, I can't speak for January and later but I interviewed post Dec 1 and got an acceptance.

Now how many acceptances they handed out post Dec 1...no idea.

Also, I did not join the facebook group.

I deleted my Facebook so I'm not on the Facebook group either. One of my friends also got word that he is on the waitlist. His interview if I recall was on January20th but he scheduled it early in like the first week of January.

People get accepted even after being waitlisted so don't lose hope!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Interviewed 12/16, waitlisted today, dunno wtf thats about.

my stats were well above and beyond what they wanted and I'm positive I nailed the interview. I am a NY resident though.
I was told by my interviewer that my stats looked stellar but class was about 90% full. He also told me that don't get offended or distraught if I get rejected or waitlisted since 1/27 was the last interview and we were interviewing for less then 10 seats. I applied late and my application was completed in early November.

i think somewhere in april-may we will start hearing from NJDS. I believe 2nd deposits are due by then.

i think somewhere in april-may we will start hearing from NJDS. I believe 2nd deposits are due by then.

2nd deposits are due April 1st or 15th... I can't remember exactly. I am committed to UMDNJ at the moment but I could possibly be giving up my seat depending on how things pan out for me with other schools.

Last edited:
does anyone know how many people are put on the waitlist?