Has anyone heard from VMRCVM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gilch

VMRCVM
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from them at all. I haven't even gotten a 'Hi, thanks for applying, we have everything we need, talk to you later.'

I know they are planning on sending out interview invites ~last week of Dec., first week of Jan., but I would have expected to hear something by now. I guess I'll end up calling and asking, but I thought I'd check with you guys first. :)

Members don't see this ad.

yayy someone wrote about VMCRVM lol i feel like we're out numbered by every other state! i have not heard anything from them. I did call in Oct. to confirm if they got all of my things and I'm glad I did because I never heard from them after that. I'm sure if you were missing something they would have emailed you but there is no harm in calling if you want to.
I looked up the interview invites for last year and they were mostly around Jan 15th with the interviews early feb. I know 100% this yr the interviews will be Jan 29/30 so I wouldnt be surprised if we also receive the invitations a couple weeks earlier than last yr

Same here! Not many people talking about this school. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard anything yet. As for the interview invites, that is from the horse's mouth (director of admissions).

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome! my interview dates are also from the director of admissions so it looks like we have a final timeline of events :D that was simple lol

nada for me as well. I tried calling a while back to make sure they had all my app materials, but they just told me they'd be sending emails...

How many in-staters do we have here?

I'm a marylander

Not to scare everyone, but just as an FYI - they sent out their first round of rejections in early December last year. Good luck! :)

Yup, I'm a Marylander, finishing up this year at UM.

Not to scare everyone, but just as an FYI - they sent out their first round of rejections in early December last year. Good luck! :)

Good, it is officially early December. Let the panic ensue :eek:

I'm glad to see this thread pop up too. I was getting nervous that I hadn't heard anything from them. I would think they would have sent an email out by now if they were missing something?

Dickvet...you're a Marylander?? I had no idea!! We're more similar than I thought...are you still in Scotland??

And I heard from MD in January last year...Good luck everyone!

Dickvet...you're a Marylander?? I had no idea!! We're more similar than I thought...are you still in Scotland??

And I heard from MD in January last year...Good luck everyone!

I'm actually not still in Scotland, I just never updated my profile thingy when I got back. But yeah, I was in Edinburgh last semester- I frickin loveee Scotland!! If I don't get into VMRCVM and I get into edinburgh or glasgow, then they'll be very serious considerations for me (VMRCVM tops the list for money reasons, obviously).

Anyways, i'm officially horrified at the thought of rejections starting to come out :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
How many in-staters do we have here?

I'm a marylander

Me!!! I'm a Marylander but I'm currently at Virginia Tech. I'm glad somebody made a thread, VMRCVM is the only school I applied to and I've been bored seeing all the other threads.

Right before the deadline I got a confirmation of all my stuff (after I emailed, called, and emailed again) but I haven't heard since. One of the vets spoke at a pre-vet meeting a couple weeks ago saying he was about to start reading the animal experience sections. So, they're taking their time.

I wish they'd send out the invites while I'm at school so I don't have to obsessively check my email at home (stupid dial-up!) But, if they only send rejections early, I don't mind waiting....

But, if they only send rejections early, I don't mind waiting....

My rejection came in the mail last year. So, no news is good news! :) I was OOS for what its worth.

Don't worry guys, when I applied I didn't hear ANYTHING until their proposed timeline (I think they might've been the last school I heard from). (Joyce did ask me for some additional papers regarding my residency (I was *sorta* qualified as a VA resident, so I had to send some additional paperwork), but that was IT (and I think that was just me, not anybody else)). Anyway, Good LUCK! :luck: :xf:

I thought I would bump this since we should be hearing from them any time now!! Not sure when exactly "early" Jan is, but i assume it is this week! lol

So a little funny thing, my boyfriend is interviewing at va-tech for MBA program this friday. I made reservations last night for the inn at va-tech and received a confirmation letter yesterday. So today im at work and this email pops up and i see va-tech and i almost peed my pants! turns out it was a second confirmation letter from the inn at va-tech lol

boo!

I need to hear from them so i can start choosing which plan B to do for next year (and by next year i mean, JUNE!!) lol

I received an email from them today (in response to something I sent):
:xf:

"For your planning purposes, the interviewee list will be finalized by the middle of the week. Interviewees will be notified via email by the end of the week. Interviews will be held in Blacksburg on January 28, 29, and 30."

Yeah! I applied here as well but I am OOS so I am so sure I have NO chance of getting in.

That is ok, at least I know no one else has heard anything either.

I received an email from them today (in response to something I sent):
:xf:

"For your planning purposes, the interviewee list will be finalized by the middle of the week. Interviewees will be notified via email by the end of the week. Interviews will be held in Blacksburg on January 28, 29, and 30."

OMGOMGOMG thanks for sharing!! although this means... i could get rejected while im down visiting blacksburg :(

I appreciate they are only doing one interview session, that way we know right away where we are in or out.

Sometimes I feel like I am on a horrible reality tv show called VET SCHOOL ADMISSIONS with Heidi Klum and her cute German accent saying "Your either in or your out"...and so far I have only been out.
:hijacked:

Anyway, sorry for the off topic post but yeah! good to hear we will know one way or the other by the end of the week.

love the heidi reference. i'm also IS...waiting waiting!

Yep. I got the same email. Let the panic ensue. :scared:

I am an undergrad here at Virginia Tech and am hoping to just move across the street! :)

I am OOS though so who knows. Technically I am in state in Oklahoma...

Looking forward to that email! Thanks for sharing that info!

I am an undergrad here at Virginia Tech and am hoping to just move across the street! :)

I am OOS though so who knows. Technically I am in state in Oklahoma...

Looking forward to that email! Thanks for sharing that info!

I got that email in response to something I sent them, so unless you are emailing them about something else, I wouldn't expect it. Good luck to you all!

I got that email in response to something I sent them, so unless you are emailing them about something else, I wouldn't expect it. Good luck to you all!

I meant the hopeful interview email/ letter that should come at the end of the week as mtambaschi's email response stated.

Thanks though for being clear

Let the panic attack begin....WOW..This week!!!! I am OOS, but wishing for the best!!! Good luck to everyone!!:D

Yeah! I applied here as well but I am OOS so I am so sure I have NO chance of getting in.

Your chances are getting better though - they admitted several more OOS students (5?) to the class of 2013 than previous and I'm pretty sure they're adding a few more to the class of 2014...gunna be tight quarters in that basement classroom next year!

I appreciate they are only doing one interview session, that way we know right away where we are in or out. .

They were really quick (at least in my experience) with acceptances afterwards...so hopefully that will make up for the wait for interview notices. I interviewed on a Thursday and I got a call on my cellphone at like 8pm or something the following Wednesday. It was crazy fast.

Not everyone gets a call, though, so don't feel bad if that happens! I didn't get a call saying I'd been accepted - I had to wait until the day when we could call them to find out. I was SURE I'd been denied again because I didn't get a call, but then it was fine, so don't stress if they don't call you right after your interview!

good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

I'm visiting VA-tech now with my bf and omgg i am sooo nervous i have the butterflies even though we are here for HIS interview haha I hope they do send out decisions tomorrow because i dont like being teased!!

:luck:

everyone check your emails!!!

woooh got the invite! I have to say that in the email, they make the interview sound really scary.

Blah nothing here = rejection :thumbdown:

no email. two rejections in two days. harsh.

Well, they said they'd let us know in December, but I'm not complaining! It's the only school I applied to and I got an interview. Yay!

Does anyone know if they have sent e-mails to any OOSers?

I have to say that in the email, they make the interview sound really scary.
Don't let it be. It's different, yes, but I kinda liked the approach. You have a 15 minute "hot" interview with 2-4 people in a more formal kind of setting (mine was a big long table, me at the head, 2 folks on each side), all of whom have read your entire packet and "know all there is to know" about you. That went REALLY quickly. Then you get a 15 minute break before the 15 minute "cold" interview. Mine was 2 people in a regular office. Much more casual. They pretty much only know your name. They asked me to take 60 seconds or so to introduce myself and then asked questions about what I'd talked about and our conversation when off that. It really was much more like a conversation than an interview. So you have a little ability to "direct" this part because they base their questions off what you tell them.

Also, if you're a VA ISer or OOSer, be on the look out for goodies at your interview. The 1-3 year students try to bring in food for you guys and drop by between classes to say high and break up the nerves as well. So maybe I'll see you soon! Congrats and good luck!

I am OOS state too, and have heard nothing. I'm crossing my fingers they are sending IS interview invites first? Probably not though, with my luck...Will they not send us rejections or are we supposed to simply assume that no email = rejection?

Well, they said they'd let us know in December, but I'm not complaining! It's the only school I applied to and I got an interview. Yay!
Based on your handle and picture, I hope you get Dr. Pelzer (Mr. not Mrs. - they both work at the school) on your interview committee. He's the resident "pig guy". :)

I am OOS state too, and have heard nothing. I'm crossing my fingers they are sending IS interview invites first? Probably not though, with my luck...Will they not send us rejections or are we supposed to simply assume that no email = rejection?

I hope you're right about the IS vs. OOS! I'm OOS too and still waiting to hear anything. :xf:

someone call them up and ask them - I'm too chicken.

Jochebed, aren't they changing how they do interviews this year? I thought I'd heard that somewhere.

hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm OOS and I did get an interview email. Straight rejection from Cornell yesterday though. Loved their honesty.

hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm OOS and I did get an interview email. Straight rejection from Cornell yesterday though. Loved their honesty.

Thanks for the information, albeit bad news for me. Congratulations to you -- best of luck!

I am OOS and got an interview...yay congrats to everyone else!!!

Ohhhh ackkkk the truth hurts. Sigh. Not much else to say at this point but Congrats to all those who are in and I know I am in good company to all of us who are out

Congratulations to all of you who received interview invitations!!!! :D