Has Anyone Received their Financial Aid Packages????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melissamcg

3.7 GPA; 19 AA DAT
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm am still waiting for mine and i want to know how much i can put aside for living expenses!!!

Members don't see this ad.

melissamcg said:
i'm am still waiting for mine and i want to know how much i can put aside for living expenses!!!

In Nebraska, the living expenses per month are $1600.

melissamcg said:

hm..it's getting pretty late not to have received an offer letter for f.a.; I would call if you haven't already. of course, each school will be different, so if if you post your school maybe someone can quote you an accurate amount.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received mine yet, either. I'm going to Nova.

The student budgets should be available, and that's the max that you can take out, so subtracting your tuition and fees from that will let you know how much you'll have for other items, regardless of whether or not you've received a financial aid package. See if you can find the budgets, or contact the school.

Sk8aBull said:
I haven't received mine yet, either. I'm going to Nova.
Ya, same here Sk8Bull.

school starts pretty soon, so you should probably call them asap. mcg accepts and lets people know if they are accepted no later than Christmas. So basically, if you've filled out your FAFSA, you should really check on the situation.

Good luck.

I still haven't received mine either. I contacted the school and they told me that the some schools take longer to budget out stuff. Especially since the main financial aid people have to budget to other schools such as, medical, pharmacy, and including us. Just be patient. But you should call your financial aid advisor and they should send you a budget. That is all you need since you won't get the money till after school starts.

Got mine earlier this week for Temple.. received full amount possible.. probably still not enough tho :/

For NSU Dental peeps, be prepared to not receive your financial aid refunds/checks until the end of August. For some of you, those are organized and know what's going on, you may receive your refund checks mid August, but for most, it will be later August or early September.

Don't know about other schools, but financial aid refunds are usually disbursed only AFTER the school had started. Be sure to have some spending money during your transition (parents and/or credit cards).

Remember, no financial aid until AFTER you've started school.

Went to MCG these past few days and the financial aid office told me they haven't even started processing the Dental school packages!!! But one of the advisors told me that if i borrow the max, my living expenses will be $16,000.....glad i was able to find a pretty cheap apartment.

melissamcg said:
Went to MCG these past few days and the financial aid office told me they haven't even started processing the Dental school packages!!! But one of the advisors told me that if i borrow the max, my living expenses will be $16,000.....glad i was able to find a pretty cheap apartment.

Good for you to live in a small cheap town. In a place like Ann Arbor, the apt. will cost close to $500(plus utilities,internent, canle,phone, etc) with sharing and forget about renting a one bedroom apt. on the school budget.

tug1625 said:
Got mine earlier this week for Temple.. received full amount possible.. probably still not enough tho :/

Hey tug your talkin about the stafford loans right.... Did you hear anything about the grad plus loans. Are they any good as far as interest rate.

hd